Sign in to follow this  
Chuck_B

Simflyers KPHL Scenery

KPHL is my home airport and I really wanted to buy Simflyers KPHL scenery for 25 bucks. My cursor was actually poised over the "Finalize Transaction" button at one point last night, but then after reading some of the posts here regarding Simflyers, I'm a little nervous now about blindly plunking my money down. Seems it's not clear whether or not the company is still around, their customer service has been rude, and I just don't want to toss money out the window if I don't have to. Then again, the scenery looks GREAT and I would certainly use it a lot if it worked well in FS2004.If any of the more experienced members have any opinions before I buy, I would appreciate your advice before I make this purchase. I have already downloaded the demo and will try it out this weekend, but my experience has been that the demo is limited, and is not necessarily the final product you buy.As always, thanks for your help.Chuck B.

Sometime back I bought quite a few Simflyers sceneries,I found them to be OK but a bit of a frame killer, sinceI upgraded my PC to a higher spec I've had no further problems.Did a few flights to KPHL for UPS virtual and scenery was OK.Considering there's nothing better available for this, your homeairport, I'd go ahead and buy it. I've never had to contactSimflyers support for any reason so I cannot comment on othercustomer's experiences. I could be wrong on this but I believe the original Simflyers team broke up and that now only a limitednumber of their original sceneries are available for sale.Regards

Guest Blazer

HI Chuck..Ive had all the SIMFLYER sceneries and the only one ive kept is Las Vegas...Can't comment on their customer service but their sceneries are frame hogs compared to whats out there now. Its your home airport so can understand where you are coming from but the other developers give you much more eye candy and better frame rates for the dollar. Just my personal opinion..Regards..TH

The Simflyer scenery was fantastic when it was created - almost six years ago.That reason alone would make me expect it to be a disappointment, especially if you have some of the newest sceneries by other shops.I actually own it, and it's okay - not knock your socks off - but okay. Since I don't fly in that area much, I'm not even sure if it is active on my flying FS computer at home.A bigger issue at KPHL is that it is almost impossible to make AI traffic work well there.You can get close if you are not firmly set on exact realism in runway usage.In general, most people on these forums are never fully satisfied with the compromises even the best scenery designers have to make to bring their home airports to FS.We are much more satisfied with airports we don't know very well.

Thanks folks. If it's it's a frame hog I'll pass.My problem is I haven't been able to find any other realistic scenery for KPHL, with jetways and such -- payware or freeware. Maybe I'm doing my searches wrong, but nothing. I've tried most of the stuff in the Avsim libraries, and only one came close, but the look of the terminal buildings was really pretty ugly, so I uninstalled it (no offense to the developer!!!!)If you guys know where I could find something else I'd be grateful for the advice, and I'm certainly not averse to paying for a good KPHL.Thanks again for your time and input.Chuck

If I ever get time it is next on my list after my current (slow going) project. However, I am sure some of the payware guys will do it before I will.Shez

Shez Ansari

Windows 11; CPU: Intel Core i7-8700K; GPU: EVGA GEFORCE GTX 1080Ti 11GB; MB: Gigabyte Z370 AORUS Gaming 5; RAM: 16GB; HD: Samsung 960 Pro 512GB SSD, Samsung 850 Pro 256GB SSD; Display: ASUS 4K 28", Asus UHD 26"

Thanks, Shez! That would be great! And I don't think you're in any danger of losing to the payware guys! KPHL has been around for a long time and this is the only one I've ever seen. :)Thanks again for (all) your efforts!Chuck

I can't wait to see what your current project is Shez! Hopefully we'll get a sneak peak soon in the screenshot forum, your sceneries rock, thanks!Jeff

Jeff

Commercial | Instrument | Multi-Engine Land

AMD 5600X, RTX3070, 32MB RAM, 2TB SSD