Sign in to follow this  
Bob Scott

Jeppesen SimCharts - lifetime worldwide access

preferably one that matches as closely as possible a stock FS install, and stick with it. Can't see that happening since FS9's cycle is so out of date.

Clarke Kruger - CYEG 

Just curious, but how much more current do you think the FSX data is ? I can guarantee you it's not from 2007 !It's the idea that things must always be current that will prevent things from EVER being synchronized, IMHO. Are you going around making all the changes to the sim itself to reflect changes ? I'm certainly not !Is it really more important to be synchronized with the real world than with the sim you're actually flying in ? If so, I guess I just don't get it.

Regards,

Brian Doney

>Just got the new SimCharts 4.0 fired up here.>>The charts are dated (2003-2005 vintage), probably based on>the same dataset used to build the FSX scenery bgls. No idea>if there will be any updates, but suspect not.>Hi,Where and how did you get access?I received my order confirmation a few hours ago, but that's all.I'm very disappointed though to hear they are outdated.What's the meaning of a 'life time' subscription (suggesting up-to-date charts) when they are always a few years out of date ;( I better could have waited a couple of days before ordering.

System: AMD 7800X3D - X670 Mobo - RTX 4090 - 32GB 6000MHz DDR5 - Corsair RM1000x PSU - 2 x 2TB SSD - 32" 1440p Display - Windows 11

I checked the site and nowhere does it even imply anything about the date of the charts. Anyway "life-time subscription" means what it says - you pay a fixed amount and can go back to the site as often as you want to download. In my mind it doesn't imply anything about updating.Anyway, did anyone really believe that up-to-date charts would be offered for a lifetime at that price? Jeppesen makes real money by selling up-to-date charts to professional users. It's not going to damage that market.

>I checked the site and nowhere does it even imply anything>about the date of the charts. Anyway "life-time subscription">means what it says - you pay a fixed amount and can go back to>the site as often as you want to download. In my mind it>doesn't imply anything about updating.>>Anyway, did anyone really believe that up-to-date charts would>be offered for a lifetime at that price? Jeppesen makes real>money by selling up-to-date charts to professional users. It's>not going to damage that market.Well, maybe it was wishfull thinking of me. It sounded indeed too good to be true.Nevertheless the Simcharts do not have all info of the real ones, so they can't be used for real flight anyway.EDIT:It would have been nice though, if they printed in capitals that the Simcharts are out of date. Now it is rather confusing

System: AMD 7800X3D - X670 Mobo - RTX 4090 - 32GB 6000MHz DDR5 - Corsair RM1000x PSU - 2 x 2TB SSD - 32" 1440p Display - Windows 11

"Is it really more important to be synchronized with the real world than with the sim you're actually flying in ?" I guess that depends on how far you want to get into simming.For example, I still to this day hear people coming into KMIA with the old runways 09R/L 08 markings. But they have been changed for years. Are you saying that we shouldn't reflect this in the Sim?You're trying to compare the online community to the offline.I don't think there is a middle ground here. And if you're so opposed to being current, why did you purchase FSX? I myself love the fact of simming the Real world as close as I can.But that's just me. To each there own.

Clarke Kruger - CYEG 

Clarke,"I guess that depends on how far you want to get into simming."I don't really buy that, and would really be interested to discuss how the version number of the procedure used is more important than how the procedure is flown. Do you really base overall realism on whether or not you can fly the RMG3 or ERLIN2 arrivals into KATL ? Really ?"For example, I still to this day hear people coming into KMIA with the old runways 09R/L 08 markings. But they have been changed for years. Are you saying that we shouldn't reflect this in the Sim?"That's a perfect illustration of the point I'm trying to make. There is no standard. People are flying around with a hodge-podge of navdata, procedures, and AFCADs/sceneries that are far too often out of sync with one-another, all in the name of staying current. How is that better ?Further, by narrowing the focus a bit, instead of trying, and failing, to maintain a month for month parity with real world cycles, we could instead focus on exceptions such as runway re-numberings, new runways, VTBD being dropped for VTBS, etc."You're trying to compare the online community to the offline. I don't think there is a middle ground here."That may be true, but, this is one area where the decisions of the online community impact the offline community to a certain degree, IMHO. "And if you're so opposed to being current, why did you purchase FSX? "I haven't :), but even if I had, FSX is not down with 0704 :)"I myself love the fact of simming the Real world as close as I can."I certainly don't begrudge you that, I just personally do not understand how the AIRAC you use is that overly important to that end.Look, if we as a community had the resources to do it right, consistently, we wouldn't even be having this discussion, but the fact is, we don't seem to have those things. Even paying for the service doesn't seem to have done much to get things squared (that's no slight to Richard Stefan, I'm sure he's doing his best).As it stands, it's just my opinion that it adds a level of unnecessary complication for no real apparent benefit, and creates a lot more work that just doesn't ever seem to get done before it's time to do it all over again.EDIT: Just to say that if Jepp were to somehow partner with Richard to provide a compatibilty AIRAC per FS version to go along with the charts, hitting the purchase button would be the last thought I'd ever give to any of it.

Regards,

Brian Doney

Guest neslesman

Clarke thanks for the charts tip.

If you want good hi-res .gif files of all the US sectionals, you can also buy the DVDs from the FAA's NACO site...dirt cheap at ~$12.60 each postpaid (there's an Eastern US, Western US, and Alaska DVD for sectionals).RegardsBob ScottATP IMEL Gulfstream II-III-IV-VSantiago de Chile

Bob Scott | President and CEO, AVSIM Inc
ATP Gulfstream II-III-IV-V

System1 (P3Dv5/v4): i9-13900KS @ 6.0GHz, water 2x360mm, ASUS Z790 Hero, 32GB GSkill 7800MHz CAS36, ASUS RTX4090
Samsung 55" JS8500 4K TV@30Hz,
3x 2TB WD SN850X 1x 4TB Crucial P3 M.2 NVME SSD, EVGA 1600T2 PSU, 1.2Gbps internet
Fiber link to Yamaha RX-V467 Home Theater Receiver, Polk/Klipsch 6" bookshelf speakers, Polk 12" subwoofer, 12.9" iPad Pro
PFC yoke/throttle quad/pedals with custom Hall sensor retrofit, Thermaltake View 71 case, Stream Deck XL button box

Sys2 (MSFS/XPlane): i9-10900K @ 5.1GHz, 32GB 3600/15, nVidia RTX4090FE, Alienware AW3821DW 38" 21:9 GSync, EVGA 1000P2
Thrustmaster TCA Boeing Yoke, TCA Airbus Sidestick, 2x TCA Airbus Throttle quads, PFC Cirrus Pedals, Coolermaster HAF932 case

Portable Sys3 (P3Dv4/FSX/DCS): i9-9900K @ 5.0 Ghz, Noctua NH-D15, 32GB 3200/16, EVGA RTX3090, Dell S2417DG 24" GSync
Corsair RM850x PSU, TM TCA Officer Pack, Saitek combat pedals, TM Warthog HOTAS, Coolermaster HAF XB case

...or you can skip buying anything and go to SkyVector.com and look at the terminal charts for free. ;-)

Here you go.The sectionals you are after. Download the Tiff files (roughly about 47MB in size, broken down into States.)Link belowhttp://aviationtoolbox.org/raw_data/FAA/sectionals/current/ All the best, Stu.

i7 12700K , 32GB RAM @3600MHz, Asus Z690-Plus D4 MB, Gainward 4090 RTX Graphics, 850W Corsair PSU, Kraken AIO watercooler, Nvme 1TB ssd, 1TB ssd, 500GB ssd.

>...or you can skip buying anything and go to SkyVector.com>and look at the terminal charts for free. ;-)>Yes, or the myairplane.com site as previously pointed out. I bought the DVDs to use with moving map software (they can be geo-referenced and used directly). The quality of a full-screen zoom of a .gif from the DVD on a 22 inch monitor is considerably better than what you'll get over the web, too.CheersBob ScottATP IMEL Gulfstream II-III-IV-VSantiago de Chile

Bob Scott | President and CEO, AVSIM Inc
ATP Gulfstream II-III-IV-V

System1 (P3Dv5/v4): i9-13900KS @ 6.0GHz, water 2x360mm, ASUS Z790 Hero, 32GB GSkill 7800MHz CAS36, ASUS RTX4090
Samsung 55" JS8500 4K TV@30Hz,
3x 2TB WD SN850X 1x 4TB Crucial P3 M.2 NVME SSD, EVGA 1600T2 PSU, 1.2Gbps internet
Fiber link to Yamaha RX-V467 Home Theater Receiver, Polk/Klipsch 6" bookshelf speakers, Polk 12" subwoofer, 12.9" iPad Pro
PFC yoke/throttle quad/pedals with custom Hall sensor retrofit, Thermaltake View 71 case, Stream Deck XL button box

Sys2 (MSFS/XPlane): i9-10900K @ 5.1GHz, 32GB 3600/15, nVidia RTX4090FE, Alienware AW3821DW 38" 21:9 GSync, EVGA 1000P2
Thrustmaster TCA Boeing Yoke, TCA Airbus Sidestick, 2x TCA Airbus Throttle quads, PFC Cirrus Pedals, Coolermaster HAF932 case

Portable Sys3 (P3Dv4/FSX/DCS): i9-9900K @ 5.0 Ghz, Noctua NH-D15, 32GB 3200/16, EVGA RTX3090, Dell S2417DG 24" GSync
Corsair RM850x PSU, TM TCA Officer Pack, Saitek combat pedals, TM Warthog HOTAS, Coolermaster HAF XB case

>Where and how did you get access?>I received my order confirmation a few hours ago, but that's>all.Hi,The same happened to me. I downloaded SimCharts 4.0 but I don't have access; my Jeppesen username/password doesn't let me use the program.What do I have to do?Thaks!Luis FernandezAHS8553

AHS8553 Luis Fernandez KGMU

Good Info. ThxI have subscription to AOPA $25 or $40 or something.. I get real world charts udated for real flying. I can download it in PDF format or print it directly. They are FAA charts no Jeppesen. I am very happy with it.But this one provides for the non US geography which is where it gets difficult to find approach plates for. So this is a good thing. I may get it.Manny

Manny

Beta tester for SIMStarter 

Guest neslesman

Thanks to Stuart for the link to the downloadable sectionals.Has anyone seen similar for Canada?