Sign in to follow this  
Moose4

Unexpired version of the CIVA INS gauge?

I use the great freeware Delco Carousel IV-A (popularly known as the "CIVA") INS gauge in several of my planes, including my Dreamfleet 727. Today, when I finally got some time to fly after several months of inactivity, I found that when I cranked up my two-CIVA installation in my DF 727, unit #1 continually flashed an 08-69 error code at me. The book says that this means the unit is "expired"--and sure enough, the history file for the only version of the gauge I can find, 1.40, says it "expires" on 1 January 2007. I've checked the CIVA site itself (http://www.simufly.com/ins) and flightsim.com, and both still have 1.40 up for download. Is there a newer version of this gauge around anywhere, or at least a way to get around the 08-69 error?Lewis "Moose" GregoryDurham, North Carolina

The error only occurs on the first unit started.Simply shut that unit off then on again and your all set to initialize.The new version should be out pretty soon. Hopefully.

Clarke Kruger - CYEG 

Oh good, thanks!Lewis "Moose" GregoryDurham, North Carolina