Sign in to follow this  
Guest garden41905

Is Hoover Dam in the default FS2004?

Guest garden41905

I drove there from Vegas last weekend, and I'm trying to fly there today. Found a few lakes ESE of Vegas but don't see specific dam detail. I may have found Lake Mead, but no dam. Should it be visible without an addon, or do I need to enhance 2004 to get this type of detail?

Guest Adrian Wainer
http://rcd.typepad.com/rcd/2005/01/robinz_blog_avi.htmlI am not near a PC with FS9 on it at the moment but I presume the dam appears in FS9 as a stock item supplied with the out of the box package, another possability excluding you navigation is incorrect and that is why it is not appearing is that, the Hoover Dam is one of the items which did not appear untill FS9 has been given the patch that is on MS website. Also you might like to try adjusting the sliders to higher values, some stuff disappears when the sliders are set to lower values.Best and Warm RegardsAdrian Wainer

Guest garden41905

My Google search sends me to FSInsider for the 2004 update, but everything there references FSX. Is there another site I can go to get the latest update for FS9?

Guest garden41905

Adrian: Thanks! Worked like a charm!

Guest nigelb

>I drove there from Vegas last weekend, and I'm trying to fly>there today. Found a few lakes ESE of Vegas but don't see>specific dam detail. I may have found Lake Mead, but no dam. >Should it be visible without an addon, or do I need to enhance>2004 to get this type of detail?Yes, it should be visible in FS9. Try flying the default Cessna around those lakes and you should find it. Look for a river eminating from the large lake (Lake Meade) The dam is not that large from the air (depends on altitude) and is rather hard to spot at first.If you still can't find it, let me know and I can post the coordinates and then you can slew to the dam.

Hi,You can also take the default floatplane and land below the dam!Very impressive, and lookalike (was there in 2003 :))BRGDSSven Sorensen, EKCH

Guest PARADISE

I believe if you fly ILS 25R you will see it off your left wingtip as you are being vectored to the localizer.John M That's ILS 25R at KLAS