Sign in to follow this  
Guest Stan V

Are there known problems with the SOH site?

Guest Stan V

I know I should be addressing this question at SOH but I cannot, for some strange reason, function once I have logged in over there. It is NOT a question of having a valid login ID or being a member of that site in good standing. As far as I know, I am all of that - it is simply that once connected over there, my browser seems to gain a mind of its own and I get repeated, gratuitous mouse clicks and the initial page jumps around like it has the St Vitus dance or something. It is impossible to function or interact in that environment. Is this unique to me or have others had a similar experience? This is the only site on which this has happened to me. Any ideas on how to get it to work?Stan V.

I can't even reach SOH anymore, but perhaps I'm not a member of good standing anymore? It could be coincidence but this all started to happen after I donated to SOH for the new Corsair package and I found it highly unsatisfactory. I asked for a refund and told them the reason why I asked for a refund (currently unemployed, so not much money)I got an ill tempered email back and after that I could not enter the site anymore. I tried to email them but never got an answer.Funny thing is however that I sometimes use "The Cloak" proxy for anonymous surfing and I can enter SOH with this anonymous proxy server so I guess something is blocking my own ip address.I really can't imagine that SOH staff deliberately blocks/bans or could have blocked me for not being happy with an aircraft? Nope I don't believe that, because the folks at SOH are always very friendly and willing to help and this is the reason why I used to come there often.But I hope that someday everything will be as it used to be, however if I offended someone at SOH, I sincerely apologize as offending is not really my intention.Sincerely,Rob "Holland&Holland" de Vries http://fool.exler.ru/sm/fly2.gif"To go up, pull the stick back. To go down, pull the stick back harder"

RobdeVries.jpg

Hi,This has to do with the ads that are displaying at the moment. I click the Stop button on my browser to end this behavior. If it doesn't end, I press the Reload button (to get a different ad) and then the Stop button if necessary.Hope this helps,--Tom GibsonCal Classic Propliner Page: http://www.calclassic.comFreeflight Design Shop: http://www.freeflightdesign.comDrop by! ___x_x_(")_x_x___

Guest Stan V

Thanks, Tom. FYI, I managed to get on SOH earlier this afternoon indirectly by following a thread link from here and my problem did not occur. While there, however, I left a message describing my dilemma hoping an administrator would see it. It must have had some effect because when I went back later in the afternoon, all worked as it should with a direct link. Nonetheless, I will keep your suggestions firmly in mind just in case.Stan V.

This has happened to me and I did as Tom described and I wont have the problem for a long time. Every once in awhile it will happen again just hit the stop and or try the reload button.

I'm guessing that SOH stands for, "Sim-Outhouse". The exaxt thing happened to me last night. I filled out the "form" to DONATE 5.00(US $) and Paypal sent me an email that "paypal" had received the money, but I never saw anywhere to download my B-25 I thought I was getting and as you know, when I tried to get back into the site, I could NOT. Just all that "jerking" around that you discribed. I still can not get back into the site and I still have NOT received my aircraft yet. How do I get my aircraft from them? Jerrycwo404-24-07 9:05 CDT...... still cannt get in I tried the "stop" and it STOPPED, when I keyed REFRESH it started juming again ???

Hi,If the jumping stopped with the STOP button then don't press the REFRESH button. The page should be displaying OK and you can do what you want now (i.e. download the A-26). If you press the REFRESH button and it starts jumping, then press the STOP button. If that *doesn't work*, only then do you press the REFRESH button, and you have to *repeat* that until either the STOP button works or the jumping stops on it's own.Hope this helps,--Tom GibsonCal Classic Propliner Page: http://www.calclassic.comFreeflight Design Shop: http://www.freeflightdesign.comDrop by! ___x_x_(")_x_x___

Guest Moparmike

Jerry,Yes, the jumping front page happens on occasion. I've had trouble with it on Firefox, but haven't experienced it yet with IE. In most of the cases I've helped others with, a cookie-flush will take care of the problem. I believe it's in the front-page ads too as Tom G posted. I don't care for the banner ads either, but if it helps pay the bills I'll live with it. Another tip worth trying...Once you get into the main forum, bookmark that page and use the menus across the top to navigate to the downloads section.As for your donationware purchase. You should be recieving an email from Ickie with the info you need to download the plane. Ickie handles all the purchase confirmations manually so it may take up to a day or so for him to get back to you. If not, post in the donationware support forum and we'll get your problem straightened out.

Guest EasyEd

Hey All,I am a regular at SOH.This also happens to me periodically when I go to the front page.The easiest way around it is to not go to that page but go to a different page. I go to this onehttp://www.sim-outhouse.com/sohforums/index.phpand it never happens. I suggest you go to this page and bookmark it. I don't know why it happens but you can get around it pretty easily.-Ed-