Sign in to follow this  
Guest 767DHL

50N Taxi Problem. How to solve?

Guest 767DHL

Hi all,I have quite a few problems with the ground steering of the Fiftynorth-planes.So far I cannot make the plane turn like I want it to. Even with very slow speeds I am not able to track a centerline or make a 90degree turn. I always roll into the grass :-(I know that it is supposed to be very difficult to taxi. But I am not into very realistic stuff. I just love the fun to fly.... :-)So here is my question. What numbers do I have to change in the aircraft.cfg to make it roll like the default 737 for example?I recently changed the airfile but it did not make a difference. So I think it must be somewhere in the aircraft.cfg. I exchanged the contact points with the default 737 ones as well but no difference at all.Does anybody have a clue what to edit?cheers,Alex

Hi there Alex,I have no experience with "Fiftynorth-planes" but I have assumed they are nose wheel steered because you tried the contact points of the default B-737. In FS9 the aircraft.cfg contact point.0 line contains the maximum nose wheel steering angle which can be found directly after the seventh comma in that line. If your aircraft taxi steering is too sensitive reduce this value to about 25 (degrees).However, take care because some aircraft have two nose wheel tyres which can be deduced by the second contact point line (.1) having the same maximum steering angle in the same position. In this case reduce that value also.Hope this helps.Hans

Guest 767DHL

Hello Hans,thank you for your answer. Well, I tried your suggestion but I was not lucky. I almost tried every number, both increased and decreased.The problem for me is, that the 50N 737 is almost impossible to taxi for me. First it takes very long from the use of the joystick until the plane starts to turn then after letting the joystick go it still turns further. I am absolutely not able to track a centerline or make a turn without ending in the grass or going from left to right like a drunken pilot. I never had any problem like this before. I have read, that it is supposed to steer a bit difficult (like the real one) but this is to hard for me. It almost kills my joy with this plane :-(cheers,Alex

Guest ThrottleUp

Hallo! I have the 50N planes and fly them a lot and do not have any of the problems you have. I think you should try a couple of things:1. Play with the realism sliders. Reduce them & try the sim and then increase them and then try taxying again.2. Decrease your joysticks "null zone". Reduce it to the minimum and then try taxying.3. Calibrate the joystick4. Test to see if the joystick is the problem. Disable it and then just use the arrow keys on the keyboard - do you still have the problem (make sure keyboard keys null zone is 0) You are only doing this to test, once done enable the joystick again.Remember to taxi using SMALL movements...actually TINY movements. Make tiny corrections (nudge the joystick).Do not chase the plane by making big corrections, you should not be slamming the stick from side to side trying to correct :)Do not taxi too fast, try taxying at 10kts for a start.:)