Sign in to follow this  
Guest lemonadedrinker

uncontrolled airports and landing lights...

Guest lemonadedrinker

Hi,I have been looking in FS9 Help and here to find whether, in the sim, you can turn on the airport lights at night to help you land. If I switch to the Unicom frequency for the particular airport do the lights come on automatically for the landing runway? or is there more to it than this??!Any advice appreciated, Andy.

Guest deKoven

>Hi,>>I have been looking in FS9 Help and here to find whether, in>the sim, you can turn on the airport lights at night to help>you land. If I switch to the Unicom frequency for the>particular airport do the lights come on automatically for >the landing runway? or is there more to it than this??!>Any advice appreciated, >Andy. Nope, you have nothing to do with it. The lights come on automagically at dusk and go off at dawn. seems a little over the top to turn them on yourself. If the field isn't lit when you get there then it doesn't have lights. More's the pity. :D

I have heard of a couple sceneries with Pilot Controlled Lighting.But the hundreds of airports with this type lighting are fully lit from sunset to sunrise by default in FS.I guess because the virtual airports don't have to pay electric bills.

Guest lemonadedrinker

Hi,Thanks for your replies. It was PCL I was thinking might have been modelled in FS9. I thought I read some where that by switching the Unicom frequency on and off a few times as you neared the airfield, the lights would come on someone would turn up with sandwiches and mugs of tea. It's a real adventure trying to come down somewhere in the pitch dark, clicking the frequency switch (along with everything else) and trying to avoid the trees!! HHmmmm ,must be FSX.Thanks again.Andy.

Guest lemonadedrinker

Hi,Thanks for that Rob. I'll try Santa's airport and see how things go!Andy.