Sign in to follow this  
Guest flyer32

Default Curtiss Jenny

Guest flyer32

Sorry to sound a complete idiot but I have been changing the way the default Jenny flies and while doing this I moved all the FS9 files to My Docs. Anyway to cut a long story short I have deleted the folder and lost the Jenny!! Can you help me to get another Jenny please. I hope that someone will let me have a copy of their Jenny so I can get back to trying to fly her again. Best wishes to you all. Reg .

Hi,As this is copyrighted material we can't supply it. However it won't be neccesary because you'll find the Jenny on your first FS2004 installation CD in the MSGAME1 file (compressed file, so use winrar or winzip to extract to your FS2004 installation directory)Succes! Rob "Holland&Holland" de Vries http://fool.exler.ru/sm/fly2.gif"To go up, pull the stick back. To go down, pull the stick back harder"

RobdeVries.jpg

Guest flyer32

Thanks Rob, Managed to extract the Jenny aircraft file from MSGAME1 and put her where she belongs. However there is still no 2D cockpit and no gauges on the VC. Can you shed any light? Where are the gauges files kept? Sorry to be such a pain.Reg

I have a Curtis_Jenny.cab file in the main gauges folder.

Guest flyer32

Thanks mgh, Would it be O.K.to send me a copy? That file is definitely missing from my gauges folder, but I hope to recover it from one of the discs.Reg

All the generic gauges are on CD2 in MSGAME3 and the specific Jenny gauges are in the panel, (panel.1),(panel.2) folder(s)Rob "Holland&Holland" de Vries http://fool.exler.ru/sm/fly2.gif"To go up, pull the stick back. To go down, pull the stick back harder"

RobdeVries.jpg

Guest Mike_Luchia

For future reference, head on over to AVSIM and search for fs9cddir.zip This gives you the location of all the files on the 4 CD'sHave fun.

You are right. I checked and have the .cab file in the panel folders too.

Guest flyer32

Success at last!! The answer was as suggested. I extracted MSGAME1 from the disc and selected the "aircraft" folder. This listed all the sims aircraft. I have now put Jenny back where she belongs!,and I have a 2D and VC !! Incidently the first Jenny file must have been corrupted in some way,as the replacement from the disc has no problems. May I thank all who helped me to put my foolishness right, especially Rob, Mike and John, who took the utmost trouble to sort me out by e-mail. Many thanks fellas. Regards Reg