Sign in to follow this  
Guest monsoon

Feelthere Citation X

This hobby seems to be getting more hostile every day. Give it some time, AVSIM will be like one of thos forums for Counterstrike Players that call them selves a "clan.""NO! I KILLED HIM WITH A HEADSHOT FIRST!""NO YOU DIDNT YOU ************* **********!!! I DID! ****!"God help us...

>This hobby seems to be getting more hostile every day. Give>it some time, AVSIM will be like one of thos forums for>Counterstrike Players that call them selves a "clan.">>"NO! I KILLED HIM WITH A HEADSHOT FIRST!">>"NO YOU DIDNT YOU ************* **********!!! I DID! ****!">>God help us...>lol...and by "clan", you mean a collection of individuals whose maturity equals that of a bag of hair.Good times await.

Ark

--------------------------

I9 9900K @ 5ghz / 32GB G.Skill (Samsung B) / Aorus Master Mobo / EVGA GTX 2080Ti FTW 3

>The Opposite scenario would be excellent support, lousy>product, but still product loyalty>>Regards.>Ernie.Well, the argument might work in a binary world where product quality and support are either good or bad. Of course that's not the case.Ernie...I like your FSBuild and ISG products, but they are complicated, and the support you provide through your site is needed to line up users posessing a wide spectrum of experience and understanding with the capabilities of the products at hand. Without a support mechanism to help match user needs with product capabilities, the capabilities of the product will not be recognized by the customer, and for him the product is not capable at all.Poor support is the proverbial stinky brown floater in the punch bowl. It may not be, as you say, a deal breaker...but I'd have to be really thirsty before reaching for the ladle... :-eekCheersBob ScottATP IMEL Gulfstream II-III-IV-VSantiago de Chile

Bob Scott | President and CEO, AVSIM Inc
ATP Gulfstream II-III-IV-V

System1 (P3Dv5/v4): i9-13900KS @ 6.0GHz, water 2x360mm, ASUS Z790 Hero, 32GB GSkill 7800MHz CAS36, ASUS RTX4090
Samsung 55" JS8500 4K TV@30Hz,
3x 2TB WD SN850X 1x 4TB Crucial P3 M.2 NVME SSD, EVGA 1600T2 PSU, 1.2Gbps internet
Fiber link to Yamaha RX-V467 Home Theater Receiver, Polk/Klipsch 6" bookshelf speakers, Polk 12" subwoofer, 12.9" iPad Pro
PFC yoke/throttle quad/pedals with custom Hall sensor retrofit, Thermaltake View 71 case, Stream Deck XL button box

Sys2 (MSFS/XPlane): i9-10900K @ 5.1GHz, 32GB 3600/15, nVidia RTX4090FE, Alienware AW3821DW 38" 21:9 GSync, EVGA 1000P2
Thrustmaster TCA Boeing Yoke, TCA Airbus Sidestick, 2x TCA Airbus Throttle quads, PFC Cirrus Pedals, Coolermaster HAF932 case

Portable Sys3 (P3Dv4/FSX/DCS): i9-9900K @ 5.0 Ghz, Noctua NH-D15, 32GB 3200/16, EVGA RTX3090, Dell S2417DG 24" GSync
Corsair RM850x PSU, TM TCA Officer Pack, Saitek combat pedals, TM Warthog HOTAS, Coolermaster HAF XB case

>I do believe that once a product is released, Feelthere pretty>much MUST pass the support over to Wilco. It isn't Feelthere>just deciding to ditch people (I hope that's not what people>think). :(If this is true, then shouldn't the Airbus and Legacy forums also be locked ??Regards.Ernie.

ea_avsim_sig.jpg

>I do believe that once a product is released, Feelthere pretty>much MUST pass the support over to Wilco. It isn't Feelthere>just deciding to ditch people (I hope that's not what people>think). :(No, absolutely not true. They (Feelthere) support their FT/Wilco Airbus on their own forum, and the Legacy too. This is a change in the way they support their products...and not a good one at that.Edit: For Chase -- FeelThere is the developer. Wilco is the publisher.RegardsBob ScottATP IMEL Gulfstream II-III-IV-VSantiago de Chile

System1 (P3Dv5/v4): i9-13900KS @ 6.0GHz, water 2x360mm, ASUS Z790 Hero, 32GB GSkill 7800MHz CAS36, ASUS RTX4090
3x 2TB WD SN850X 1x 4TB Crucial P3 M.2 NVME SSD, EVGA 1600T2 PSU, 1.2Gbps internet
Fiber link to Yamaha RX-V467 Home Theater Receiver, Polk/Klipsch 6" bookshelf speakers, Polk 12" subwoofer, 12.9" iPad Pro
PFC yoke/throttle quad/pedals with custom Hall sensor retrofit, Thermaltake View 71 case, Stream Deck XL button box

Sys2 (MSFS/XPlane): i9-10900K @ 5.1GHz, 32GB 3600/15, nVidia RTX4090FE, Alienware AW3821DW 38" 21:9 GSync, EVGA 1000P2
Thrustmaster TCA Boeing Yoke, TCA Airbus Sidestick, 2x TCA Airbus Throttle quads, PFC Cirrus Pedals, Coolermaster HAF932 case

Portable Sys3 (P3Dv4/FSX/DCS): i9-9900K @ 5.0 Ghz, Noctua NH-D15, 32GB 3200/16, EVGA RTX3090, Dell S2417DG 24" GSync
Corsair RM850x PSU, TM TCA Officer Pack, Saitek combat pedals, TM Warthog HOTAS, Coolermaster HAF XB case

I dont know. You'd think so. Was FeelThere developed by wilco? Or is wilco the publisher only? Personally, I wish they would dump Wilco and provide their own support for their own products.

>>I do believe that once a product is released, Feelthere>pretty>>much MUST pass the support over to Wilco. It isn't Feelthere>>just deciding to ditch people (I hope that's not what people>>think). :(>>If this is true, then shouldn't the Airbus and Legacy forums>also be locked ??>>Regards.>Ernie.>>I honestly don't remember exactly how it works, but I don't think it is the same "contract" for all of their aircraft, i.e., I don't think all of their add-ons fall under the same umbrella of support and whatnot.Remember, Feelthere is pretty much a 1-man show. Vic does the best he can by himself, and in a lot of ways, he is somewhat at the mercy of Wilco.

Ark

I9 9900K @ 5ghz / 32GB G.Skill (Samsung B) / Aorus Master Mobo / EVGA GTX 2080Ti FTW 3

>A bag of hair? No, the DNA would give their hair more>maturity. Try a box of styrofoam peanuts.Hmm, that's true. I never looked at it from a forensic perspective. lol

Ark

>>I do believe that once a product is released, Feelthere>pretty>>much MUST pass the support over to Wilco. It isn't Feelthere>>just deciding to ditch people (I hope that's not what people>>think). :(>>No, absolutely not true. They (Feelthere) support their>FT/Wilco Airbus on their own forum, and the Legacy too. This>is a change in the way they support their products...and not a>good one at that.>>Edit: For Chase -- FeelThere is the developer. Wilco is the>publisher.>>Regards>>Bob Scott>ATP IMEL Gulfstream II-III-IV-V>Santiago de ChileIf you knew Victor, you would know that "ditching customers" is not how he works. He really does like FS and does what he can to make people happy. He doesn't exactly have endless resources or a huge development team.I don't remember exactly how all of the Feelthere/Wilco stuff works, but it isn't as "simple" as many think it is.

Ark

>Poor support is the proverbial stinky brown floater in the punch >bowl. It may not be, as you say, a deal breaker...but I'd have to >be really thirsty before reaching for the ladle... You said in this very thread they have a "reputation as one of the most egregious slackers in the business when it comes to product support."And yet here you are acquiring it on the first day its released ?Does this not suggest the this poor support reputation was not a deal breaker for you either ?Regards.Ernie.

ea_avsim_sig.jpg

>What can I say? I had an A average in biology. :)I got an A average in Forensic Science.We'd make a good team. lol

Ark

>Does this not suggest the this poor support reputation was not>a deal breaker for you either ?>>Regards.>Ernie.I have a different purpose for buying it. I've been engaged in something of a debate involving the release of this and the competing EagleSoft version, and I can't very well continue in that endeavor without drinking the punch.I'll let everyone know how I think it tastes when I get further into it. For now, all I can do is point and say "beware the brown floater" (the support setup). But maybe it'll taste OK anyway...CheersBob ScottATP IMEL Gulfstream II-III-IV-VSantiago de Chile

>I honestly don't remember exactly how it works, but I don't>think it is the same "contract" for all of their aircraft,>i.e., I don't think all of their add-ons fall under the same>umbrella of support and whatnot.>>Remember, Feelthere is pretty much a 1-man show. Vic does the>best he can by himself, and in a lot of ways, he is somewhat>at the mercy of Wilco. Sorry, Shane, but FeelThere is absolutely, positively NOT a 1-man show. Read the product credits. In fact, Victor has different development teams working different products now. In fact, I dare say FT is as big an operation as any of 'em.Whatever contracts there are were entered into by Vic and company. The support we get or don't get...and how we get it, was his to negotiate. The buck stops there--no mea culpa accepted here.RegardsBob ScottATP IMEL Gulfstream II-III-IV-VSantiago de Chile