Sign in to follow this  
Guest jbm_4

HELP WITH AI!!!!!!

Guest jbm_4

Ok, So I'm kinda new installing traffic with just tools. I have place everything where it should be, changed the aircraft titles. When I go to compile, a error message comes up saying:ERROR: A flight plan specifies an aircraft type AC#6265, That type is not in the Aircraft.txt fileI searched the FS folder and can't find the aircraft.txt file. Where is it located, or could some one give me a link to a good help page.Thanks

Guest RonB49

Assuming that you are using TTools to compile your AI flight plans, then you need three text files to use as source date. They are named aircraft*.txt, airports*.txt, and flightplans*.txt (where * is the same alpha-numeric string in each filename). The default location for those files is in the same folder as TTools.exe. R-EDIT -- To add, as far as a tutorial is concerned, I believe there is none better than readme.htm in the Traffic Tools download. Lee Swordy did an excellent job of explaing his great program in terms that even I can understand. R-

TTools needs three files. Aircraft.txt, Airports.txt, and FlightPlans.txt. You should place them in your source folder.

Mike...

Guest jbm_4

ok, so whats I'm trying to install is Iceland Air flight Plans (since theres only 2 aircrafts)I've placed the 3 files in the folder that I decompile the default flight Plan in. I also downloaded the aircrafts and made sure that they match the title in the aircraft.txt that came with the plans. When I go to compile the plans, thats when the message comes up. Am I to place the flight plan info for iceland air in the default flight plan 3 documents and compile them?

Guest RonB49

>ok, so whats I'm trying to install is Iceland Air flight>Plans (since theres only 2 aircrafts)>>I've placed the 3 files in the folder that I decompile the>default flight Plan in. I also downloaded the aircrafts and>made sure that they match the title in the aircraft.txt that>came with the plans. When I go to compile the plans, thats>when the message comes up. Am I to place the flight plan info>for iceland air in the default flight plan 3 documents and>compile them?>If you are are using FS9, then there is no need to touch the default flight plan. You may have multiple traffic*.bgl files active simultaneously. I find it easier to deal with small individual files than one big one containing the default traffic and all the add-ons.That having been said, then you would need to create the three source files. They could be named aircraft_iceland.txt, airports_iceland.txt and flightplans_iceland.txt. If there are only two planes to worry about, then the aircraft file needs only include two lines. The airport file only requires entries for the airports where your Icelad Air planes land. So you likely won't have an overwhelming task.The biggest problem for me was getting the departure times fight in the flight plans. You must use GMT (or is that called UCT now?) and as I recall the first takeoff time in the flight plan must be first time after midnight GMT. For some reason, its hard for me to get my head around that time conversion. Oh, to keep it as simple as possible, I let the program calculate the arrival times, you'll see how to do that in the readme file.Go for it, it's lots of fun and when you're through and watch your planes takeoff and land, you'll feel like you've accomplished something.R-

Guest CapHavoc

>I've placed the 3 files in the folder that I decompile the>default flight Plan in. I also downloaded the aircrafts and>made sure that they match the title in the aircraft.txt that>came with the plans. When I go to compile the plans, thats>when the message comes up.You've matched the aircraft titles, but do the aircraft #s match? The flightplan calls for AC#6265, this particular number must be present in both the Aircraft.txt and Flightplans.txt files, hence your problem when it comes time to complie. For example: (in the Aircraft.txt file)AC#310,230,"Piper PA31-325 Navajo North A2T ZK-MYS"AC#208,155,"ARNZ AI Cessna Grand Caravan - Air 2 There"(and in the Flightplans.txt file)AC#208,ZK-MYH,75%,WEEK,IFR,0/11:25:00,0/11:57:30,60,F,01,NZPP et ceteraAC#310,ZK-MYS,75%,WEEK,IFR,0/14:20:00,0/14:46:48,60,F,05,NZPP, et ceteraHope this helps.

Guest jbm_4

CapHavoc,Thanks! That was the problem, the creator of the flight plan must have made a mistake! Thanks for the help, I knew it could be that complicated to do!