Sign in to follow this  

Throttle Quadrant from CH Products

Gentlemen, I recently sent Ch Products an e-mail in regards to them coming out with a stand alone Throttle Quadrant, that would go along with the CH Flight Sim Yoke. I hate those little 3 levers, especially when your trying to land and turn the aircraft...your hand is sometimes in the way. Well...I recieved an e-mail back from CH Products, Michael Sexton, Systems Administrator CH Products...Here is a copy of his e-mail back to me.......Sir, We are looking into a Throttle Quad but we are unsure of the market potential of a Throttle Quad. If you have some friends who are looking for one by al means have them send in e-mail requests so we can have an accurate gauge of market. Also since it is still in development I would love to hear what you are looking for in a Quadrant (as well as price suggestions).http://www.chproducts.com/retail/index.html I would think If we would all send in suggestions and show CH Products that there is a market for this product.ThanksMark Caspermcasper@comcast.net

I quite understand the hesitation of CH Products if there's a market for such a device. There are already high-end products available (and their products are in the low-end mass market), plus:- The market for such a throttle quadrant will be substantially less than for joysticks, yokes and pedals.- Unlike joysticks and yokes, a throttle quadrant is relatively easy to build yourself (which a lot of people have done)Rob

Guest etanin

WHAT!!! Last I saw was that they put it on hold for some reason and that was 5 months ago. It sounds like they never started!I'm in there for 1

Guest paulri

Hi,I wrote their VP of Sales and Marketing a few weeks ago. Got an e-mail back saying that project had been put on indefinite hold, no plans to start it up again any time soon. Although I have the Flightsim Yoke, USB (3 lever), and do like it very much, since it is kind of what I was used to when I was flying, it still does not provide me with the multiengine cabability that is realistic. Since my aircraft of choice is either the Baron or KA350 (or maybe another turbo prop)I would really like a standalone that would work with the three lever yoke, freeing up the three levers for things like spoilers, reverse thrust, flaps, etc.If they come up with one, I will be at the front of the line to buy one. Has to be compatible with the yoke I mentioned though.Just my 2 cents worth.Paul

Guest abent

Just sent an email stating that I'd buy one if it would offer "out of the box" independent engine control - ie a split throttle. I already have a Suncom that works OK - can't get the throttles working independently - but I would certainly buy one from CH. I already have one 2 of their yokes and a set of rudder pedals.This is a good post. We need to inspire CH.Adam

What does it mean when somebody posts only the word "BUMP" in a message?

Guest SoarPics

BUMPAnd look where the thread went...;)

I sent them an email a couple of weeks ago, I got two responses from two different people at CH:Reply #1:We are working on it.Sorry to be vague but that is about all I can say.Warm Regards,Brenda HayesReply #2:Thank you for your recent email inquiring on the Throttle Quadrant development.Due to circumstances beyond our control, we have put a hold on this project until further notice.Any new developments on this and other future projects will be released via our online newsletter. If you are not already subscribed to our newsletter, you may do so on our website at http://www.chproducts.com/retail/subscrib.html.Thank you for your patience and understanding.Best Regards,Debby McDowellDirector of Sales & Marketing

AI also recieved the same letter from Debby, and then the following day I recieved the letter from Michael Sexton, wanting to know if there was a market for the throttle quadrant. I would like to think so....I have seen PFC site and I like there quadrants, but they are only setup for gameport, NOT USB...and the converter will not work, according to the Tech. Plus I would like to see something a little less expensive for a throttle quadrant than PFC's.Mark

Guest byoung

They do have a throttle, it is not a quadrant, but it is made for for gaming in that it is oriented for the left hand. If they made the same product with a right hand orientation, it would be a start..CH Throttle SpecsPrice is kind of high..Thanks!Barry

Guest etanin

I have been using the suncom for 2 years, and I do have dual control and thrust reverse, is you need help to set it up let me know. I think I can try to remember what I did to get it to work.

Guest paulri

The problem is that the throttle you mention is just that--a throttle. And specifically configured for the left hand, which works great in fighter type aircraft and helicopters. Adn if that were all I flew, I would get it.What I, and others I assume, are looking for is something that is USB connected and will provide dual, independent engine controls, for all three lever functions, so it works in GA light twins, turboprop twins, and even jets with the levers reconfigured to work other than prop and mixture. For me, I would pay a reasonable (read: about the cost of the USB 3 lever yoke) price for this item. Sure would improve the sim experience for me. Again, my 2 cents (or am I now up to 4 cents? :-) )Pauledit: PS, it would also be nice if they threw in flap and gear levers as well--but not a show stopper for me if they do not. Still... :-)

Guest DanWalloch

What is suncom's site address?

I bought two CH FlightSim Yokes USB with T/P/M. Cut the T/P/M out of both units and made my Dual T/P/M controls...