Sign in to follow this  

Throttle Quadrant from CH Products

Guest Claviateur

I personally use the Thrustmaster Attack Throttle. It is a 1 lever throttle that was modeled after the F117 one. It is ment for left hand use but I simply use it right hand by turning the whole controller and by switching the option: reverse throttle axis in FS. It is not expensive, I got it 2 years ago for about 50$. The only problem with it is that it is 1 lever only and it does not work with XP! No drivers were updated for XP since the device itslef does not work with XP as they said... It is gamerport as well so it needs to be pluged in a joystick...To see what the Thrustmaster Attack Throttle looks like go here:http://www.migman.com/hw/control/tm/attackthrottle.htmActually I use it with a CH Flight Sim Yoke LE with Pro Pedals but I hate the throttle lever that is mounted on the CH yoke. It is really not practicle at all. One needs to flip his hand around the yoke handle to control the throttle and that can hurt your arms. Also it is small...I would be interested to see what throttle, CH had in mind. I was hoping they develop a 4 levers jet quadrant with a price in their controllers range but it seems they won't... Too bad because PFC stuff are wonderful but very expensive for meThey sound like Thrustmaster who were going to develop a Force Feedback Yoke a couple of years ago but it seems they placed it on the ice...CheersMichel

I was thinking of doing something like Fox did. I was going to find three cheap 2-axis USB joysticks, or two cheap 3-axis USB joysticks, and build my own throttle quadrant.I looked at the PFC throttles, but I don't like that they use the serial port. If they'd come out with one that is true USB, instead of using a serial port and special driver, I'd reconsider. I know they have a USB adapter, but that doesn't make it a USB device.

Guest rbbarker

This is my dream throttle quadrant, http://www.simw.com/index.cfm?fuseaction=d...details&pid=823 , but realistically $2000 is impossible to justify. I wish CH would get their project underway. Does anyone have direct contact e-mail address for any heavy hitters at CH?Boyd BarkerSenior Command CaptainKBOS Hub ManagerWestWind Airlineshttp://home.houston.rr.com/checklist/DFexperience.jpghttp://home.houston.rr.com/checklist/checklist.htmlMy DF737 Around the World Adventure: http://home.houston.rr.com/checklist/aroundtheworld.html

Brenda Hayes ) Send it -- Michael SextonThey are looking for in-put from all of us.

Guest cw1011

How much did you spend on your last computer? I'm guessing the quadrant will be around a whole lot longer....

Guest frankcubillos

I'll throw my vote in as well, email sent.. :-wave---Banners? We don't need no stinkin' banners!---Visualize PAI sig banner here.

Good point, except that you can't fly without a computer! So in essence, what you're saying is "you spent $2000 bucks on a computer, why is it such a problem to spend another 2 grand on a throttle quadrant" !? It's not a matter of how long it'll last, just simple finances. But I am interested in that CH Yoke cannibalization. Now that looks promising, and for $200 no less.

Bill Womack

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Visit my FS Blog or follow me on Twitter (username: bwomack).

Intel i7-950 OC to 4GHz | 6GB DDR3 RAM | Nvidia GTX460 1gb | 2x 120GB SSDs | Windows 7 Ultimate 64Bit

Guest etanin

Dan, they went out of business years ago. I bought mine from some mail order place that still had them. Just do a search for suncom strikefighter, I think that was the name. I hope you can find one as they do work great! They are GAMEPORT Only but it does work great with my CH USB yoke and pedals.Go for it and I hope there are some still around so you can enjoy it like I have for that last 2 years +BTW CH I would still buy yours so make the dam thing!Dan, here is a link I found http://www.simso.com/pchardware/details.as...Code='SUNSFSTH'

Guest byoung

Sent my email as well!Barry

Guest abent

Hi Ihor, Did you use the USB adapter to get the split throttle working? I picked up an adapter but got so frustrated with it that I just use the throttles together. If it were an easy process, I would do it. If you can remember how you did it, I would try again.Thanks, Adam

Guest etanin

No I do not use a UBS adapter I just use the Gameport.Well the first thing you have to do is when you set it up in windows pick a 4 button or what ever you want joystick but make sure you click rudder pedals. That is the other axis that is used for the other throttle. Now go in fs and under controls and select the name of the joystick you setup in windows. You can set throttle 1, 2 ,3 ,4 and set the first throttle axis for # 1 and the second one for #2. That should do it! Now go to FSUIPC and set the reverse settings and idle and max. I know this might not make sense but I'm at work now and my ini settings will not help you as you have to do it this way.Also you have to have a joystick pluged into the suncom, I have an old one pluged in and hidden :)

Guest abent

Hi Ihor.I have a CH yoke plugged into the throttle and then the Suncom plugs into the alternate adapter for my Ch pedals which then in turn plug into the game port. Will that do?Thanks, Adam

Guest abent

Actually I guess that means that I already am using the axis for my pedals. I guess this is where I had trouble before.Anyway, thanks again....maybe some day.Adam

Guest paulri

Here is the reply I got from Debby McDowell to an e-mail sent yesterday:"Believe me, we are working hard to make this happen. All of your comments and emails will help, I'm sure.Keep them coming!!!Debby"If they know there is a viable market, then maybe something will happen. E-mails help. Addresses are available for the various folks to write, including the owners, on the CH website.Paul