Sign in to follow this  
windycloud

Feelthere CX - let's talk about the ACTUAL PLANE

Guest KemoF15

BobGlad to see CX users have found a forum! Great comments/appreciate your professional eye (I'm just a fighter jock stuck in the 5-sided puzzle palace (Pentagon) doing my staff time wishing I was back in the "saddle")One add/amplification to your list is the inability to adjust night cockpit lighting 2D or VC--(pet peeve of mine with over 1200hours of no kidding night flying in the fighter business)--at least Wilco could have adopted the Airbus lighting as a starting point (I really like being able to lower the intensity of individual panels in the Airbus)Nice add to the hanger.KemoF15(aka Rake on Wilco/FT forums)

Rake; As I understand it, this one was done by a different group than the Scarebus, so no likely transfer of techniques from one to the other. Nothing beats the Prison on the Potomac for making a tent at Prince Sultan seem like the good 'ol days. OTOH, looks like you've found a much better use for a PC than making animated feature-length Powerpoint presentations to brief a flag that's too busy punching buttons on his crackberry to notice anyway... Now we'll see how Wilco responds to the issues.CheersBob ScottATP IMEL Gulfstream II-III-IV-VSantiago de Chile

Bob Scott | President and CEO, AVSIM Inc
ATP Gulfstream II-III-IV-V

System1 (P3Dv5/v4): i9-13900KS @ 6.0GHz, water 2x360mm, ASUS Z790 Hero, 32GB GSkill 7800MHz CAS36, ASUS RTX4090
Samsung 55" JS8500 4K TV@30Hz,
3x 2TB WD SN850X 1x 4TB Crucial P3 M.2 NVME SSD, EVGA 1600T2 PSU, 1.2Gbps internet
Fiber link to Yamaha RX-V467 Home Theater Receiver, Polk/Klipsch 6" bookshelf speakers, Polk 12" subwoofer, 12.9" iPad Pro
PFC yoke/throttle quad/pedals with custom Hall sensor retrofit, Thermaltake View 71 case, Stream Deck XL button box

Sys2 (MSFS/XPlane): i9-10900K @ 5.1GHz, 32GB 3600/15, nVidia RTX4090FE, Alienware AW3821DW 38" 21:9 GSync, EVGA 1000P2
Thrustmaster TCA Boeing Yoke, TCA Airbus Sidestick, 2x TCA Airbus Throttle quads, PFC Cirrus Pedals, Coolermaster HAF932 case

Portable Sys3 (P3Dv4/FSX/DCS): i9-9900K @ 5.0 Ghz, Noctua NH-D15, 32GB 3200/16, EVGA RTX3090, Dell S2417DG 24" GSync
Corsair RM850x PSU, TM TCA Officer Pack, Saitek combat pedals, TM Warthog HOTAS, Coolermaster HAF XB case

I did experience trouble starting the engines. I always get one of them started but not the other unless Ctrl E is used, then all the systems and lights go crazy. Has anyone found a way to get a tail light going? I have started the Citation for a long time with no trouble, always from cold and dark state , but this model doesn't seem to like what I do for some reason. As far as the other things, I just can't believe the obvious, huge, stand out things listed here got by the beta team. Everybody's system is different, so maybe this explains some of the things anyway. The plane does have potential, but definitly needs some updating here and there, and should have gone through a much more thorough beta testing period. I'm sure the initial reported issues will get addressed.

>OK, I've had it out for a couple of legs now. (FS9, WinXP>SP2)...Thanks for the review.

Hey, RTFM... the engines both are startable without hitting Shift-EJust read the manual and try again._______________________Regards, Torben HadlerBeta-Tester ACLoader 3 + 4http://www.fsflightdeck.com/acloader.htmlT-A-H MultiMedia Productions Torben Hadler - http://www.t-a-h.com || t-a-h@t-a-h.comHardware: CPU: AMD 64 4000 | MoBo: MSI K8N Neo2 64 | RAM: 1024MB 400MHz DDR | MSI NVIDIA GF6200 | Creative Sound Blaster Audigy 2 ZS | CH-YOKE + Peddals; Primary: 17" Belinea TFT * Secondary: Philips 150S4 TFT 15" || Software: Display Resolution used: 1280x1024 in WinXP and FS9.1 | WinXP Pro SP1b (German Version); DX9c | FS9.1 pro (German Versions) - all sliders maxed about 80-95% | ever latest FSUIPC licenced | AS2004 | Alert!! pro | UT 2004 | RC4.x | FSBuild 2 | ACLoader 4.2 | FS Panel Studio | AFCAD 2.2.1 and much more...

Hi there,good thread here!I have some problems with the FMC. Maybe it is selfmade, cause the manual doesnt explains ALL what is needed. I cannot get the speed/alt an the leg pages of the plan. Second I see no overspeed protection. I dont even know how this protection should work. I see no way to get the speed controlled by these detends of the throttle managed by the FMC. That is about nothing alike the airbus way! This way without any real useable automated speed controlle, I cannot fly real long routes with time ex 4x and being away from PC for some minutes.So, maybe someone can point me how it works or is it realy not enought explained in the book?_______________________Regards, Torben HadlerBeta-Tester ACLoader 3 + 4http://www.fsflightdeck.com/acloader.htmlT-A-H MultiMedia Productions Torben Hadler - http://www.t-a-h.com || t-a-h@t-a-h.comHardware: CPU: AMD 64 4000 | MoBo: MSI K8N Neo2 64 | RAM: 1024MB 400MHz DDR | MSI NVIDIA GF6200 | Creative Sound Blaster Audigy 2 ZS | CH-YOKE + Peddals; Primary: 17" Belinea TFT * Secondary: Philips 150S4 TFT 15" || Software: Display Resolution used: 1280x1024 in WinXP and FS9.1 | WinXP Pro SP1b (German Version); DX9c | FS9.1 pro (German Versions) - all sliders maxed about 80-95% | ever latest FSUIPC licenced | AS2004 | Alert!! pro | UT 2004 | RC4.x | FSBuild 2 | ACLoader 4.2 | FS Panel Studio | AFCAD 2.2.1 and much more...

>Hey, RTFM... the engines both are startable without hitting>Shift-E>>Just read the manual and try again.>>_______________________>Regards, Torben Hadler>>Beta-Tester ACLoader 3 + 4I would like to inform you that 'Shift+E' opens the doors. Did you not mean to say 'CNTRL+E'?Maybe he is not the only one that should 'read the manual eh? LOL ;-)

Dave Taylor gb.png

On the one engine startup, I have the same problem. One engine will start without a hitch, yet attmepting the second engine start the N2% doesn't rise above 5% then slowly drops back down and doesn't reach the point where the fadec kicks in to ignite it. Following the manual to the letter and still no luck.After starting the right engine is there anything that needs to be changed to start the left engine prior to pressing the start sequence?Ian.

>On the one engine startup, I have the same problem. One>engine will start without a hitch, yet attmepting the second>engine start the N2% doesn't rise above 5% then slowly drops>back down and doesn't reach the point where the fadec kicks in>to ignite it. Following the manual to the letter and still no>luck.>>After starting the right engine is there anything that needs>to be changed to start the left engine prior to pressing the>start sequence?I ran it through a couple start sequences last night without seeing this.One note, the start sequence isn't very smooth...engine catches and spikes very fast.CheersBob ScottATP IMEL Gulfstream II-III-IV-VSantiago de Chile

Bob Scott | President and CEO, AVSIM Inc
ATP Gulfstream II-III-IV-V

System1 (P3Dv5/v4): i9-13900KS @ 6.0GHz, water 2x360mm, ASUS Z790 Hero, 32GB GSkill 7800MHz CAS36, ASUS RTX4090
Samsung 55" JS8500 4K TV@30Hz,
3x 2TB WD SN850X 1x 4TB Crucial P3 M.2 NVME SSD, EVGA 1600T2 PSU, 1.2Gbps internet
Fiber link to Yamaha RX-V467 Home Theater Receiver, Polk/Klipsch 6" bookshelf speakers, Polk 12" subwoofer, 12.9" iPad Pro
PFC yoke/throttle quad/pedals with custom Hall sensor retrofit, Thermaltake View 71 case, Stream Deck XL button box

Sys2 (MSFS/XPlane): i9-10900K @ 5.1GHz, 32GB 3600/15, nVidia RTX4090FE, Alienware AW3821DW 38" 21:9 GSync, EVGA 1000P2
Thrustmaster TCA Boeing Yoke, TCA Airbus Sidestick, 2x TCA Airbus Throttle quads, PFC Cirrus Pedals, Coolermaster HAF932 case

Portable Sys3 (P3Dv4/FSX/DCS): i9-9900K @ 5.0 Ghz, Noctua NH-D15, 32GB 3200/16, EVGA RTX3090, Dell S2417DG 24" GSync
Corsair RM850x PSU, TM TCA Officer Pack, Saitek combat pedals, TM Warthog HOTAS, Coolermaster HAF XB case

Guest KemoF15

GentsIf you want to dim the 2D X cockpit panel go into the CitX panel.cfg file and at the very bottom is color--change the luminous values from 255,255,255 to 155,155,155 (or your personal preferences)...tones down the night "stadium" lighting to something approaching reasonable.KemoF15

Guest Olivier

Hi,For the engine start, here is the correct sequence :1. Start the right engine2. switch on the right engine air bleed3. start the left engineIt looks like the APU provides air only to the left engine.The "manual" does not state this.Pretty please with sugar on top, Wilco, can you provide real manuals ?Happy flying,Olivier

Olivier, thanks for the bleed tip. This would explain why the other engine would not fire up. I'll give that a try. As far as Shift E to start the engines... I meant Ctrl E. It was kind of late. It's been so long that I've been using complex AC, that I do make the mistake of not reading the manual all of the time. ;)

Guest Olivier

Hi,Something happnened and it seems strange to me: I turned on the battery and external power to setup my fmc, datas...Then, when I turned on the apu, all the screen went blank for a few seconds, and I lost everything, FMC, IRS alignment etc....Considering the thing they call "manual", I have no clue if this is normal or not.Can someone give me a hint ?Thanks!!Olivier

I get the same thing, even with external power set to on. At this point, I spool up the apu before doing anything else to avoid a power interuption.