Sign in to follow this  
windycloud

Feelthere CX - let's talk about the ACTUAL PLANE

Well, maybe my praise of the Primus 2000 in this thing was premature...The FMS won't take a speed input no matter how I try. So there are one-size-fits all profiles programmed into the FMS. Yuck.The plane pressurizes with no air source, and the pres profile is flaky.Cones and pitot covers come out anytimg the parking brakes are on with the engines off. CheersBob ScottATP IMEL Gulfstream II-III-IV-VSantiago de Chile

Bob Scott | President and CEO, AVSIM Inc
ATP Gulfstream II-III-IV-V

System1 (P3Dv5/v4): i9-13900KS @ 6.0GHz, water 2x360mm, ASUS Z790 Hero, 32GB GSkill 7800MHz CAS36, ASUS RTX4090
Samsung 55" JS8500 4K TV@30Hz,
3x 2TB WD SN850X 1x 4TB Crucial P3 M.2 NVME SSD, EVGA 1600T2 PSU, 1.2Gbps internet
Fiber link to Yamaha RX-V467 Home Theater Receiver, Polk/Klipsch 6" bookshelf speakers, Polk 12" subwoofer, 12.9" iPad Pro
PFC yoke/throttle quad/pedals with custom Hall sensor retrofit, Thermaltake View 71 case, Stream Deck XL button box

Sys2 (MSFS/XPlane): i9-10900K @ 5.1GHz, 32GB 3600/15, nVidia RTX4090FE, Alienware AW3821DW 38" 21:9 GSync, EVGA 1000P2
Thrustmaster TCA Boeing Yoke, TCA Airbus Sidestick, 2x TCA Airbus Throttle quads, PFC Cirrus Pedals, Coolermaster HAF932 case

Portable Sys3 (P3Dv4/FSX/DCS): i9-9900K @ 5.0 Ghz, Noctua NH-D15, 32GB 3200/16, EVGA RTX3090, Dell S2417DG 24" GSync
Corsair RM850x PSU, TM TCA Officer Pack, Saitek combat pedals, TM Warthog HOTAS, Coolermaster HAF XB case

I still don't get how the #### the overspeed protection works...also the fricking speedbrakes are like reverse thrusts while in the air! lol

Hey Bob, thanks for the info. I haven't dug in too far yet. I will admit this, the plane overall is a nice rendition of the CX. The VC panel is very clear. The other VC textures I do prefer the ES model. I know when the ES is released, it will be a winner. This is the first release from Feelthere in a long time that works pretty smooth as far as performnce goes. They did spare the poly count. The sound set is very nicely done as well. The only couple of sounds that are carried from the ERJ and Legacy are the power unit warning sounds when one of the two are shut off. (Female Voice) Everything else is refreshing and done well at that. I am not sure about the FDE as mentioned already. I notice that the AC wants to loose altitude alot when in a turn more than other AC. But I have not flown the CX in real life. It has somewhat of a heavy feel otherwise. The autopilot seems to work nicely when climbing and does level off fairly smoothly. I do wish there was a little cheat to set altitude , course and heading from the VC like on the ES model. This way I don't have to pop up the ped. I plan on further flights to really dig in and see what else the plane has to offer. There is already a few bugs mentioned on Feelthere's forums fix list. Plus a hot fix for those with the FSX model and the Eye Candy model issue reported.

>I know when the ES is released, it will be a winner.Moot point yet, if they use the same programming for their gauges like in Raytheon Beechjet 400A/Hawker 400XP 1.5 for FSX I'm afraid it will be a FPS hog. See yourself, the features are MUCH simplier than in WCX and the FPS are LOWER. I love all their planes, but had to temporarily replace their PFD/MFD from that package for my flying it in FSX. I hope they hear it. And btw I would never expect such a good performance vs. features in FeelThere's CX in FSX. The textures, 3D cockpit rendition are not that photorealistic indeed, but are exactly what is needed at this stage to have it flyable. With newer hardware in 12-18 months and a few perf. patches from Aces they could be updated to higher details at a fair price. :)PS: Have just noticed it is FS2004 section, the above applies only to FSX. In FS9 Raytheon Beechjet 400A/Hawker 400XP 1.5 works perfect on the modern hardware.

>PS: Have just noticed it is FS2004 section, the above applies>only to FSX. In FS9 Raytheon Beechjet 400A/Hawker 400XP 1.5>works perfect on the modern hardware.Ironic that you slam the FSX version and praise the FS9 version. Identical gauge code, but you're certain the gauges are at fault. ;)

Ed Wilson

Mindstar Aviation
My Playland - I69

>>PS: Have just noticed it is FS2004 section, the above>applies>>only to FSX. In FS9 Raytheon Beechjet 400A/Hawker 400XP 1.5>>works perfect on the modern hardware.>>Ironic that you slam the FSX version and praise the FS9>version. Identical gauge code, but you're certain the gauges>are at fault. ;)>>The gauges are the same, and they are heavy on FPS. Beautiful, crisp but heavy for the most hardware, since FS takes its toll on them as well. FS9 is much lighter and smoother than FSX, this is a known fact. BUT, what you're missing is the comparison between the performance of BJ400A/HAWKER and WCX in FSX. The latter is way more complex but more FPS efficient. The gauges are not really at fault. They are just heavier on FPS since they are very clear. They are beautiful, their time will come later. I'm already a happy owner of the ES's newest CJ1 and I must say that I'm totally happy with this package for my current needs in FSX. I'm sure I'll be flying mostly this jet for some time, because I can smoothly fly it with online AS, VOX ATCX, isg1' p1000 at scenery / autogen HIGH in FSX on my system. (7900GTX, C2E 6800, 2GB in WinXP SP2, multimonitor WideFS config, with GoFlight panels, CH Combo).Compromises are good for the end-users ;). Good job, Eaglesoft!

Thanks for you feedback on Beechjet and CJ1. We appreciate the feedback be it positive or negative but please understand that our own CX2.0 uses an entirely NEW approach in programming for accuracy and performance.This means a comparison of our Beechjet 1.5 to CX2.0 is not an indicator of things to come:-)At any rate, this thread is not about Eaglesoft even if comparisons are made to our products:-)

Best Regards,

Ron Hamilton PP|ASEL

Forumsig16.png

>The gauges are not really at fault. They are just heavier on>FPS since they are very clear. They are beautiful, their time>will come later. >Ok... I misunderstood your original statement. Appologies.

Ed Wilson

Mindstar Aviation
My Playland - I69

Both engines can be started with the fuel cutoff switches in "CUTOFF" position.

Jason

FAA CPL SEL MEL IR CFI-I MEI AGI