Sign in to follow this  
skeurton

active camera questions

hey all...i try to make FS2004 videos when i can and i currently use Walk & Follow to get some pretty nifty camera angles. it's very convenient and very easy to use. i also use FSRecorder to record my flights. afterwards, i play them back and capture the in-game video footage using GameCam. that way, while i'm flying, i'm able to concentrate on what i'm doing rather than trying to get those cameras in the right position.anyway, as much as i love W&F, the lack of a padlock view really takes away from the diversity of the footage i'm able to capture. that's why i'm thinking of getting active camera, as well. but i just have a few questions first...1. i know there's a scenery padlock feature from the VC. what i'm wondering is if there's a feature that will padlock the view on the aircraft that you're flying from an external view. for instance, say i make a fly-by pass over the deck of an aircraft carrier. can i place a stationary camera on the carrier deck and have it padlocked on my aircraft as it flies by?2. would there be any conflict if i had both active camera and W&F installed?3. does active camera function within the FSRecorder module? in other words, if i play back a recorded flight, can i still use active camera?thanks for your help.

Guest DocW

>3. does active camera function within the FSRecorder module?>in other words, if i play back a recorded flight, can i still>use active camera?I can confirm this, doing it all the time. Never heard about Walk and Follow, can you provide me with a link ?

Hi Michael, I have been looking at Walk and Follow, as it seems there are alot more choices of camera angles. I wonder if the two programs can be used together?? Hmmm... I would think not, as the dll's in the modules folder probably will cause strange events. Here's the link.http://www.igfly.com/

Guest DocW

thank you for the link, Jeff. Since it is payware and 30$ strucks me little expensive right now, I won't give it a shot yet. But it sure reads promising.

1. Use the default TOWER view. Move the tower in the map. It will take a few goes but if you're using a FSRecorder replay you can skip back and check again and again until you get the tower position right. All my vids use this method at some point.2. There is no conflict as far as I know.3. I would think so yes. Walk and follow does.In my opinion, you don't need Actie Camera. Walk and Follow has it all.

Regards,

Max    

(YSSY)

i7-12700K | Corsair PC4-28700 DDR4 32Gb | Gigabyte RTX4090 24Gb | Gigabyte Z690 AORUS ELITE DDR4 | Corsair HX1200 PSU

Well, I dumped W&F in favour of Active Camera. Love the flyby and approach views. Love the head latency thingie, too. The recorder module provides for the views that Active Camera cannot, so I do not need W&F anymore.Max, here I go, contradicting you again! ;)Regards,Jure