Sign in to follow this  
brianbash

Van Nuys?

I'm suprised there isn't a detailed Van Nuys airport anywhere. It's the busiest GA airport in the USA!I hope I'm missing something!

---Brian Bash---
398 HR MEL PPL and climbing!

There is a high resolution Van Nuys photo scenery from gottfried's Blue sky scenery. I like his runway textures. Althought this is really not an airport scenery, the runway hig res textures can be made visible enhancing the airport.http://www.blueskyscenery.com/Manny

Manny

Beta tester for SIMStarter 

add PANC to that list of airports we should get detailed scenery for

That would be sweet! Paging Shez...:D-Intel Core 2 Duo E6600 Conroe 2.4GHz LGA 775 OC'ed to 2.9GHz-EVGA 122-CK-NF68-AR LGA 775 NVIDIA nForce 680i SLI ATX-Crucial Ballistix 2GB DDR2 SDRAM DDR2 800 (PC2 6400)-EVGA 640-P2-N821-AR GeForce 8800GTS 640MB GDDR3 PCI Express x16-Western Digital Raptor WD1500ADFD 150GB 10,000 RPM Serial ATA150-Western Digital Caviar SE16 WD2500KS 250GB 7200 RPM SATA 3.0Gb/s-Thermaltake toughpower W0104RU ATX12V / EPS12V 650W-ZALMAN CNPS9500 LED 92mm 2 Ball Cooling Fan with Heatsink

I tried adding a few objects with EZ Scenery awhile back, and I very quickly hit some serious framerate issues. I wanted to make a decent Van Nuys, but the performance hit would have been too much for me. I would love for a good scenery designer to tackle Van Nuys and LAX together. (like the Flightscenery group has done). It would be perfect, LAX for the heavy iron drivers, and VNY for us low and slow fans.

-------------------------

Craig from KBUF

I woldn't mind seeing Long Beach done also. Shez did Long Beach for FS2002 but it don't work to good in FS2004.I wonder what Shez is up to? Haven't heard from him in a while.

That usually means he's working on his next project which I believe may be an update to Long Beach.Clutch

Intel i9-12900KF, Asus Prime Z690-A MB, 64GB DDR5 6000 RAM, (3) SK hynix M.2 SSD (2TB ea.), 16TB Seagate HDD, EVGA GeForce 3080 Ti, Corsair iCUE H70i AIO Liquid Cooler, UHD/Blu-ray Player/Burner (still have lots of CDs, DVDs!)  Windows 10, (hold off for now on Win11),  EVGA 1300W PSU
Netgear 1Gbps modem & router, (3) 27" 1440 wrap-around displays
Full array of Saitek and GoFlight hardware for the cockpit