Sign in to follow this  
Sesquashtoo

Can't download from File Library (FS2004)

I have tried for three days to download from AVSIM and when I get to the donate page, nothing more happens after that...and it times out.The DOWNLOAD FILE box does not come up.It then says that EXPLORER can't find or connect to the download page/site.The actual is 'Internet Explorer Can't Connect To The Web Page'Is anybody else having a similar problem?I have not altered my Explorer settings in any way, and have always been able to download.I can download from any other site, so it's not my Explorer.I just downloaded a test file from FlightSim.Com no problem. I wonder what gives with AVSIM?!?Thanks,Mitch R.

Well then this is truly bizarre!I wonder if my account has been locked out?I can download from any other site no problem.If so...WHY!?!?Mitch R.

Mitch,what browser are you using? I've had the same problems with IE7 and something it doesn't like per its firewall settings. I since had to reformat (I know, not a preferred option but I had to do it anyways) and didn't upgrade to 7.0.No I have no problems using IE6.Cheers,Petehttp://members.aol.com/pzsoulman/myhomepage/logo.gifGIGABYTE Light 3D Galaxy II Liquid CoolingENERMAX Galaxy EGA850EWL ATX 850W Power SupplyNVIDIA nForce 680i SLI ATX Intel MoboCore 2 Duo E6700 1066MHz FSB 4M shared L2 Cache LGA 775CORSAIR XMS2 2GB SDRAM DDR2 800GeForce 8800GTX 768MB 384-bit GDDR3 PCI ExpressSBlaster X-Fi XtremeMusic 7.12 x Western Digital Raptor 150GB 10000 RPM 16MB Cache SATA Raid01 Seagate Barracuda 320GB 7200RPM 16MB Cache SATA 3.0Gb/sWinXP Home SP2CH Yoke/Pedals

I9-13900K, RTX 4090, DR5-6000MHZCORSAIR ICUE H150I ELITE, ASUS PRIME Z790-P, THERMALTAKE TOUGHPOWER GF3 1350W, WIN 11

The way mine is set up, is that I'll get to the donation page, but Internet Explorer has blocked the download to protect my security. At that point, nothing happens, until I click the option line towards the top of the screen.L.Adamson

I am using IE7 but have had no problems until now, and I can download from the entire Internet other than the AVSIM library, as it stands! :(Mitch

I have emailed the Library Gods, and will see what they come back with. Weird!Thanks for your observations and help,Mitch'er

Pete, I went back to IE6 and the same thing...Really weird that it's only my accessing that does not work.Anywhere else I try to download....works just fine.This must be on AVSIM's end.Mitch

Got it figured out.Firewall had an obscure port setting that had changed its switch. Can't figure out HOW it did, but that was the cause.Not AVSIM's side, but mine.Thanks to all that posted, including Library Admin, Chase.Mitch R.