Sign in to follow this  
Airbus

Please Help! Slew Mode Stopped Working

Hi Folks:For some strange reason I cannot slew my aircraft! My key assignment is Y. When I hit this key my coordinates, speed, altitude, etc are displayed in red at the top of my display, but my arrow keys on the keypad will not move the aircraft. I have the num lock key off. I have tried changing the key assignment and changing the aircraft, but nothing works.Thanks for any help or suggestions!Airbus

Al Kaupa

Digital Storm purchased 8/17/2011; Win7x64: Asus P8P67 Deluxe; Intel i7 2600K@3,9 GHZ; nVidia GTX 560Ti; 8GB DDR3 1600 Corsair Dominator; Power Corsair HX 750W; Samsung 850 EVO 500GB SSD; 300GB WD VelociRaptor; 1TB Seagate.

Does the word SLEW appear in the bottom right hand corner of the screen?Are you using a yoke/joystick? Is it properly calibrated?

John

Hi:Yes, the word slew does appear on the bottom right of the display. I also recalibrated my CH yoke and it did not fix the problem. I also found that some of the other slew commands don't work correctly either. Q (move up slowly), A (move down slowly), and F1 (move down quickly) do not work. Also Q turns the sound off in slew mode; really strange!Thanks for your help!Airbus

Al Kaupa

Digital Storm purchased 8/17/2011; Win7x64: Asus P8P67 Deluxe; Intel i7 2600K@3,9 GHZ; nVidia GTX 560Ti; 8GB DDR3 1600 Corsair Dominator; Power Corsair HX 750W; Samsung 850 EVO 500GB SSD; 300GB WD VelociRaptor; 1TB Seagate.

Guest lemonadedrinker

Hi,have you checked your 'slew' commands in options, assignments etc as sometimes some take it on board to change on their own, but in reality I guess something I've added has caused a quirk to appear and they need to be reset.Andy.

Andy:I tried resetting all assignments to default, but it did not work. I even tried deleting the slew command key assignment, verified it did not work, and then reassigned it. No success.I just wonder if the file that creates these assignments is corrupted. If I can find out which one it is I may be able to find the original and overwrite it.Thanks for your help!Airbus

Al Kaupa

Guest RonB49

Rename your Fs9.cfg file to Fs9.BAK and start Fs9. I'll bet that when it bulds a new config file, then Slew will start working again. It happened to me a long time ago. R-

Guest lemonadedrinker

Hi,That's a great tip from you Ron and is almost S.O.P when things foul up!! And sometimes you have to reboot the computer when things are changed to enable them to work, so that's another way to try to sort this very frustrating problem out. I think it's something you've added recently which didn't agree with what was existing!Good luck.Andy.

Hi,Thanks for reminding me about the FS9.cfg file. I have not messed with this file for a long time and sort of forgot about it. Fortunately I had a backup that worked!! The slew problem has been fixed!As a side note, I found that I could not go to external view using active camera after I used the backup FS9.cfg file. My "X" key would not work. When I checked the activecamera.cfg file it showed only the first line [keyboard] and nothing else. Fortunately (again) I had another backup of that file and now active camera appears to working again.All this stuff is connected somehow, but now I have a better idea where to look when the next problem pops up.Thanks everyone for your help! It is people like you who are willing to help that makes this hobby so great!Airbus

Al Kaupa