Sign in to follow this  
Guest pickleman812

Minneapolis St. Paul International Airport

Ron,I have now taken two flights into KMSP. Both flights were from KLVN and neither time did I land. Both were just sight seeing flights.Here's what I saw:The river is still elevated on the east end of the airport, just as it is the default scenery. I am using using both FSGenesis and GE PRO II for my scenery. I was, at one time, also using Ulimate Terrain but removed it about a month ago. I am also runnning Traffic 2004 for AI aircraft.Prior to installing BPs KMSP I ran the FSManagers Diagnostics program and had no scenry or terrain errors. I also removed two KMSP BLG files from the the FS9 Addon Scenery area.After installation, I recompiled my AI traffic files. My first flight is documented in my post found above. After the first flight I reran FSManager and found 8 files that were either overlapping or misplaced. I removed those files and took my second flight. Same results were seen from my first flight.Ron, the area around the airport is very realistic, but it does not "blend" in well with my GE Pro II scenery. Tonight I'll take another flight, this time landing from the east and I'll let you know what I see for frames rates and terrain elevations. I did notice that they offered a "lite" version of the scenery. I may try that next.Tom

Third flight.KLVN to KMSP via Turkey Track.Solid 20.0 Framerates through Turkey Track. Once I caught the glideslop rates drop back to 8-10. Removed all AI aircraft and set sliders to dense, middle, middle and saw slight rise to 11-13 in FPS. Interesting point is once on the ground, FPS went to 15 FPS. When I changed the AI back to 70% the FPS remained near 15. I did notice a slight rise in FPS also when I switched to a night time environment.Aproach into KMSP was made using Rwy 30L. Did see elevation changes, more so towards the river. The river is still messed up like it was in FS9. I really think the problem is related to the runways and all of the misc light towers, markers, etc. I see a lot of shimmering of the airport from the air. On the ground the shimmering is still there until I ran "flush" with the runway markers.My specs are 2.4 Mgh processor, 1 Gig of memory, 256 MB video board, Windows XP and I am running FS9 at 1280 X 1040.Tom

Final update.Went out to their web site and implemented their ideas on how in increase framerates. Removed the BLGs for approach equipment (not approach lights), hold short lights, vechiles, and their trees. The changes increase my framerates on approch to 15-16 FPS.Tom