Sign in to follow this  
Guest pickleman812

Minneapolis St. Paul International Airport

Guest pickleman812

Can anyone out there make a quality KMSP scenery with the new runway and taxi layouts. Also, have an afcad that uses only 12R/30L, 12L/30R, and 17 for takeoff and 35 for landing as it is in real life. (Runway 4/22 closed except to 747's)

Guest flynman3

Simflyers group was working on MSP and several other projects until the whole team suddenly developed mysterious illnesses.I wish someone would do STL an MEM as well.

There are good freeware models of all three airports in the Avsim library.Dave FisherCYYZP4 Prescott 3.2e 478p 800mhz 1mg CPUP4P800SE Asus Motherboard2.5 gig PC3200 DDR RAM 400MHZGeForce 7600GT/512 OC'dMaxtor 80 Gig ATA 133 HD x2WDC WD800 80 Gig HDAntec 500watt true powerSharp 19 inch LCD MonitorLogitech Extreme 3D pro Joystickhttp://fs2crew.com/linepilot.jpghttp://www.jdtllc.com/images/rcv4bannersupporter.jpg

>Can anyone out there make a quality KMSP scenery with the new>runway and taxi layouts. Also, have an afcad that uses only>12R/30L, 12L/30R, and 17 for takeoff and 35 for landing as it>is in real life. (Runway 4/22 closed except to 747's)that runway setup is not possible in FS9

To expand on this, FS8 and FS9 must see the same privilege properties on each end of the runway, so what you want for 17/35 is not possible. There is no way to weight restrict a runway to my knowledge. 4/22 is used by military and at off hours by cargo for convenience according to some monitoring I've done. It has to do with location of the cargo and military areas.4/22 is concrete but has displaced thresholds making it the same length effectively as 12R/30L.Jim Vile (jvile) has a patch for the default scenery that ads the 17/35 ILS, runways, and some buildings.There is a KMSP scenery here but it also has an erroneous building segment that connects the East Gate Commuter building via the surface to the main terminal. This is sub-surface and there is yet another patch for that.I've been using an FS2000 scenery called KMSP Airport by Ron Ackerly. It is in the flightsim.com libraries and is exceptionally detailed (and FPS heavy). (Be sure to get his patches for that - search under his name.) It is not complete in that it does not have the East Gate Commuter terminal, the Humphrey terminal, nor 17/35. It does have moving automobiles on surrounding highways and is spectacular at night. I added some substitute buildings and then adjusted an AFCAD to match the taxiway and runway positions with the scenery.I too wish someone would do KMSP on a detailed level, Maybe I'll try jvile's fix with it.

Guest Maul

BluePrint's scenery is finally out. Looks and runs nice, but the only downside is that it is surrounded by a massive overlay that doesn't have much autogen around it. Along with the airport being there, there is a huge photographic layer around the airport that doesn't really blend in so well. Perhaps they'll patch it so either autogen can be implemented around the airport, or something that'll disable the photographic image surrounding the airport. I know what you mean about getting a quality KMSP scenery after all these years. I remember trying Ron Ackerley's MSP2000 back in the day, which was phenomenal, just not on my system. Then there were hopes with Simflyer's version before they dropped off the face of the earth. Then, FRF's version with Jim Vile's AFCAD was a welcome edition. Thus, I'm happy to report that BluePrint's version is worth the buy ($15) and is easy on the frames too.And for the gentleman requesting a "MEM or STL" scenery, BluePrint is actually going to release Memphis next year!! It's only right since they did the UPS hub :(Check out their website, www.blueprintsimulations.comEric

That was a problem with KCLE as well, but they later released a autogen patch. And later sceneries were unaffected, IMHO. Can you perhaps show a wide shot, so we can see just how far away the autogen is? It'd be appreciated. I'm probably going to get it anyway.

Mike...

Guest Maul

I'm not really a whiz at screenshots, but I can tell you that you can disable the photo overlay so you have autogen back in all its glory.Eric

Tried searching under Ron Ackerly at flightsim.com but nothing found. JimCYWG

>Tried searching under Ron Ackerly at flightsim.com but>nothing found. >>Jim>CYWGJim, Try using their scenery lookup map,choose Minnesota and you should see the files. I've been waiting for a complete MSP scenery for a long time and would pay good money for a good one as I'm from the area. I'm kinda disappointed with the early reports concerning Blueprint's new version. I currently use Jim Viles' files standalone because I couldn't get his Afcad2 to work properly with Wil Morgan's FRF version. I corresponded with Wil via email and he said he told me he was planning to update his version and was going to send me a beta, but I've never heard anything more. Hopefully someone will take this airport to the level of Grimshaw's Logan as it's long overdue IMHO.Regards, Kendall#1: E6750@3.2GHZ/Coolermaster HyperTX2 Gigabyte P35-DS3L 4GB Crucial Ballistix Tracers PC6400 Seagate 250GB 7200.10 SATA2 Gigabyte X800XT -Cat 6.12's CH Yoke/Pedals/Saitek Throttle Dual Monitor: Dell 2405/1905 #2: Dell 8400 3.2 H.T. 3GB PC4200 Diamond Xtreme/Logitech X-530's

Regards, Kendall

FRF posted one or two KMSP updates here which included new AFCADS. You also need to install Jum Vile's files separately exactly as stated in the FRF documentation to keep priorities correct.

Search in their FS2000 scenery libraries for KMSP. There are two files there, the latter containing some rearrangement to optionally get better framerates.I had to modify a newer AFCAD to Ron's excellent scenery to work. Note there is no Humphrey terminal nor the east side island commuter gates. I did not try Jim Viles ILS 17/35 add-on with this but do use it with FRF's scenery.Ron's Lindberg terminal has reflective glass and was highly detailed. It was fun doing a night approach because he had moving vehicles on the surrounding highways.If someone took that, added a Humphrey terminal, and used it along with Jim Vile's add-on (in correct priorities), that would be a great piece of work.

I purchased the software this morning. Here are my first impressions.I grew up in south Minneapolis and I now live just southwest of the airport in Burnsville. This is a very accurate representation of the facility. The BP KMSP has the Mall of America on the correct side of the highway, the default scenery has the mall misplaced. I really like the airport scenery, it reflects the airport, the national cementary and state park that surrounds the facility.What I did not like was the huge frame hit on my system. I have a 2.4M processor with 1 GB of memory. I keep my framerates set to 20 FPS. On the approach to the airport I was seeing 19.8 FPS with my sliders set to dense and traffic set to 50. In the area of the airport my FPS dropped into the area of 7-10 FPS. During this flight I was using the default C172.Tom

Did you experience any elevation distortions arriving over the river on 30L/R or 35?I'm using a 38m mesh I believe.How's the FR with no traffic, just as a comparison test.Thanks.