Sign in to follow this  
Guest k7ltf

Ultimate terrain buying concideration

Guest k7ltf

HiI am concidering the purchase of USA Ultimate Terrain. I am wondering though if I will add anything that is not covered bu the other products I own a few Mega scenery packages and Real scene 2004 , as well as one FS Genisis USA product for FS 2004 - would the end resilt be minimal perhaps in what one would ultimately want to achieve - or would spending the extra money be worth it?I do have USA roads, which i know is as part of USA terrain, and if i bought it, i would deinstall USA rods obviously.the ultimate question is should i spend a little money or perhaps save some money?ThanksZach Bender K7LTF

Hi Zach,In a word, yes.The Megascenery packs are all very good, but only cover small areas. UT-USA covers the whole of the US in roads, rivers, corrected waterways etc., and coupled with FSGenesis mesh makes the USA truly spectacular.Bottom line, buy it, try it, and, if you don't like the results, get a refund.Alastair

I really believe that you'll only get enjoyment from Megascenery if you're a GA low local flyer. If you fly state to state or on commercial routes in jets, UT is your only choice. I think it's far more immersive than Megascenery but they are two different products.

Regards,

Max    

(YSSY)

i7-12700K | Corsair PC4-28700 DDR4 32Gb | Gigabyte RTX4090 24Gb | Gigabyte Z690 AORUS ELITE DDR4 | Corsair HX1200 PSU

I already had GE Pro and a lot of Genesis mesh, so I figured UT would be no big deal as far as terrain goes. But I did notice a very real improvement. All of a sudden FS9 became a geography lesson because everything was where it was supposed to be. I flew over the street I grew up on and over thw town I live in now. It definitely brings immersion to your flights.Also, and this is no small thing, UT fixes the coastlines. With GE and some mesh, places like B.C. Canada and the US West Coast become the ultimate flight zones. Search for nice coastal areas on Google Earth, then load up FS9 and there's that exact spot. Very impressive. I have Mega PNW, which was nice (I uninstalled it), but it does not compare to GE Pro + UT. I bought UT Canada/Alaska and sure enough, within a month I had(!) to have UT USA. I don't think you can achieve FS9 Deluxe without it.

I agree with all the above. I had FSGenesis mesh and landcast installed, alone with BirdEyeView textures. They were good. However, adding UT brought FS9 alive. With the above add-ons, I have flown several flights in both FS9 and FSx. In every case the scenery was better in FS9. I tend to fly three different ways. Bush flying with Carenado

John
My first SIM was a Link Trainer. My last was a T-6 II
AMD Ryzen 7 7800 X3D@ 5.1 GHz, 32 GB DDR5 RAM - 3 M2 Drives. 1 TB Boot, 2 TB Sim drive, 2 TB Add-on Drive, 6TB Backup data hard drive
RTX 3080 10GB VRAM, Meta Quest 3 VR Headset