Sign in to follow this  
Guest cypherja

Deleting default scenery

Guest cypherja

I want to try getting into scenery design, but have a question. How do I delete default scenery items like trees and buildings, so that I can place more realistic buildings in their proper places? I just recently downloaded rwy12, and have been playing with that some. What other (good) freeware scenery designers are there out there, and what are some payware ones?Thanks!- Jason

Guest wji

The first thing one should understand about FS(any version) is its folder hierarchy. This is readily noticeable by viewing it in the Scenery Library screen.For the most part in MSFS, there's no need to DELETE anything; one simply has to put the required folder or command-string at a higher level in the folder hierarchy so the simulator will load it instead of the default.This is why MSFS has placed Addon Scenery where it is the folder hierarchy; thus, any scenery added here (addon scenery) will load while the original default MSFS scenery just sits there doing nothing -- no need to DELETE it.Therefore, to eliminate scenery objects (trees, etc.) one only has to place and Exclude file or Exclude= string, higher up in the scenery folder hierarchy chain.There are several FREE programs for accomplishing this. Search google for EXCLUDE and FLATTEN. "What other (good) freeware scenery designers are there out there, and what are some payware ones?" EZ-Scenery at $29 bucks is the best for FS9 but is NOT a design tool; it places included objects directly into the FS9 scenery. For design I have FSDS_V3 from Abacuspub.com[/font size]

What you want is ExcBuilder available here in the library. excbuilderv2.zip

-------------------------

Craig from KBUF