Sign in to follow this  
razorseal

The new maddog

My friend told me its NICEEEE (quoted from his mouth lol) only thing is I usually only fly VC planes (trackIR is the main reason) and I know this plane doesn't come with it. I read the review and it says one will be avaliable soon. Since soon can mean anywhere from a week to a month, i'm not sure, so I was just curious what the VC only guys think of this plane :) thx! :)

Soon can mean years or never...as much as a week to a month. just a general comment.

Jason

FAA CPL SEL MEL IR CFI-I MEI AGI

Guest PowderBlue

This plane is without a doubt the best thing in my hangar. Even with the wait of the VC you will not put this plane down as you will still be learning it. This plane has a character all to its own and is a work of art

I enjoy it, all though I cant wait for the VC. I believe it should be out sometime in may. But it's a nice plane. If you think you'd fly it, theres no reason why you should wait. It's going to be a free upgrade. Might as well grab it now. :)

Guest PowderBlue

What makes this plane stand out is that its systems are top notch. Everything is simulated. Also it has great exterior qualitys, the FDE is top notch, the sounds are great and it is an unforgiving plane. It will take sometime to become proficient at it but its worth the effort. I like it also cause it is not a full glass cockpit.

phew! just saw the price... 50 euros! around 60 bux US?woulda been awesome if it the other MD variants :)I've never flown in a maddog in RL.... I heard they are kind of crampy compared to a 737, but much cheaper overall

If you like Level-D and PMDG type of system modelling, you will like this plane. It is well worth the money.Personally, I never cared one way or another about the MD-80 series until I bought this plane. I wanted something different and I don't think PMDG is ever going to release their MD-11. I now have an interest in the MD-80 and have enjoyed learning something new.The sounds, FDE, model, options, Load Manager, support, and systems are top-notch. I'm very picky and have removed a lot of pay ware I didn't like, so I'm hard to please. I don't care for VC's in large commercial jets however.

- Chris

Gigabyte Z790 Aorus Elite AX | Intel Core i9 13900KF | Gigabyte GeForce RTX 4090 24 GB | 64GB DDR5 SDRAM | Corsair H100i Elite 240mm Liquid Cooling | 1TB & 2TB Samsung Gen 4 SSD  | 1000 Watt Gold PSU |  Windows 11 Pro | Thrustmaster Boeing Yoke | Thrustmaster TCA Captain X Airbus | Asus ROG 38" 4k IPS Monitor (PG38UQ)

Asus Maximus VII Hero motherboard | Intel i7 4790k CPU | MSI GTX 970 4 GB video card | Corsair DDR3 2133 32GB SDRAM | Corsair H50 water cooler | Samsung 850 EVO 250GB SSD (2) | EVGA 1000 watt PSU - Retired

I see... well I guess I'll check it out tommorow and see it for myself, I can't personally wait for teh VC though, I love VCs, I hope they release it soon

are there ANY screenshots of the VC? I dont fly 2d panels, especially now that I have a widescreen monitor.

no, there aren't any SSs of the VC yet.... I'm just curious what it will be like... smooth gauges? basic VC? fully clickable, PMDG quality stuff?and about the roomy comment, my friend who is 5'9 is the one who told me it isnt really comfy...

Hi,It's one of the best aircraft in my hangar, up to par with PMDG and LevelD.Flightmodel is good, systems are good (a few flaws though, but they will be fixed in SP1, expected in May) and support is good too. About the VC. I don't think it will arrive soon, I think I read somewhere in the support forum it will take a few months to complete. So most likely that will be in the 2nd half of this year.

System: AMD 7800X3D - X670 Mobo - RTX 4090 - 32GB 6000MHz DDR5 - Corsair RM1000x PSU - 2 x 2TB SSD - 32" 1440p Display - Windows 11

I couldn't resist and I bought it... looks like lots of detail! I love detail!now my only problem is, I can't take off! lolI read the tutorial and also check their forum, and they say that if your TO computer is not agreeing with the flaps, it will shut the plane off...well I looked to make sure they were both at 11, and it keeps killing the plane! wth! :(any ideas anyone?