Sign in to follow this  
razorseal

The new maddog

>I couldn't resist and I bought it... looks like lots of>detail! I love detail!>>now my only problem is, I can't take off! lol>>I read the tutorial and also check their forum, and they say>that if your TO computer is not agreeing with the flaps, it>will shut the plane off...>>well I looked to make sure they were both at 11, and it keeps>killing the plane! wth! :(>>any ideas anyone?Just put the EPR to 1.4 and engage the autothrottle.It's a security which stops the engine if you move the throttle farther.Hope this helpsDenis

interesting... is this how its done in the real plane too? you move the throttle too far, and you get shut down on? lol

>interesting... is this how its done in the real plane too?>you move the throttle too far, and you get shut down on? lolBasically... yes.You just can't floor the throttles overheating the engines. If you do this, a security shut down kicks in, just like the real one.

System: AMD 7800X3D - X670 Mobo - RTX 4090 - 32GB 6000MHz DDR5 - Corsair RM1000x PSU - 2 x 2TB SSD - 32" 1440p Display - Windows 11

Guest jgreth123

>If you like Level-D and PMDG type of system modelling, you>will like this plane.On a side note, I can't wait until Airliner XP's Airbus is out so this phrase that is CONSTANTLY used is replaced with 'Well, it's not quite as good as Airliner XP but it's on par w/ PMDG and Level-D'.That is all.Thank you. :)

Guest daniel.alm

>>If you like Level-D and PMDG type of system modelling, you>>will like this plane.>>On a side note, I can't wait until Airliner XP's Airbus is out>so this phrase that is CONSTANTLY used is replaced with 'Well,>it's not quite as good as Airliner XP but it's on par w/ PMDG>and Level-D'.>>That is all.>>Thank you. :)For what it's worth, this plane IS actually better than the LVD-767 and all PMDG products. Of course for those who can't fly without a VC, it's not complete yet. And as much as I'm looking forward to what AirlinerXP will offer, right now it's just vapourware, eventhough I hope they can deliver quality in the end. But I'll wait and see, hype is one of those things I ceased to believe in a long time ago.On another note, what I really miss in the Maddog2006 is a FS2crew add-on. I hope Bryan is listening. :)

>interesting... is this how its done in the real plane too?>you move the throttle too far, and you get shut down on? lolYep love the system stuff on par with Level-d :-)First would skip this one because of the missing VC normally I only fly from the VC (that is a fully working one lol)Glad I was convinced to buy this one a great plane and great systems:Still missing the VC but that one will follow soon I hope :-)Cheers,Andr

André

>I couldn't resist and I bought it...NOOOO! I guess I'm too late, but there is a great MD80 series out there WITH a VC. It's the Ultimate Airliners Super80, available at Flight1. Here is the link to what it offers and some screenshots:http://s80.flight1.net/product.htmI considered the Maddog too, but the price was too stinkin' high (not that it isn't worth it) and it didn't have a VC. The Super80 is a lot cheaper and it does have a VC. Also, something I find very nifty, it comes with a tutorial checklist that guides you through the systems as you are looking at the panel in the sim. Very neat! Anyways, maybe its not to late for a refund? ... ;)

Guest FO

The only refund I have ever applied for was for the Super 80. That was at the start of the year and since then I have never looked back.I love the Maddog 2006 and would not look anywhere else for a short hop classic jet. The Maddog complements the system complexity of my other favourite aircraft the RFPB 747-200.As for the VC. I used to fly exclusively in the VC with all my other aircrafts (LDS, PMDG). However I am content with the 2D panels the Maddog offers and i do not believe this should be a reson to give it a miss.When the team does deliver the VC, you can rest assured it will be excellent with very high functionality just like the rest of the plane. Cheers

I hope it will be! its a very nice plane... I've been flying it alot, its just the no VC is really killin' me heh...

Try the brown cockpit patch, it solved the CTDs for me.