Sign in to follow this  
zmanisfireproof

How do you modify aircraft lights???

I have the Super80 from Flight 1 and its a great plane and all, but the wing lights are HUGE! Is there any way to modify them to look more 'realistic'? The PMDG 737NG model has lights exactly the way I like them. Is there a way to make my M80 lights look as good as them? Is there something I can adjust in the aircraft.cfg file? Any help would be appreciated.Here are some shots of the Super80 and PMDG so you can see what I'm talking about.What I DON'T want (Super80):http://forums.avsim.net/user_files/170886.jpghttp://forums.avsim.net/user_files/170887.jpgWhat I DO want (PMDG 737NG):http://forums.avsim.net/user_files/170888.jpghttp://forums.avsim.net/user_files/170889.jpg

Guest PARADISE

Have a look at Nicks_Lightfix.zip here at Avsim.John M

Guest neslesman

Lights schmights, those are some mighty fine screenshots you have there.

Guest ThrottleUp

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------Lights schmights, those are some mighty fine screenshots you have there.-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------I gotta agree! Please do tell what scenery you are using in that last shot? Is that FS9 even lol. Where can I get those trees and buildings if all that is autogen! Great screenshots! :)

Have a look at Nicks_Lightfix.zip here at Avsim.John M----------------------------------------------------------------I have that. But, I guess they don't work for the Super80. What I really want to know is there any way to modify the lights themselves? I'm not talking about some downloadable mod, but a way that I can personally change the light settings on an aircraft. Do I do that in the aircraft.cfg, or somewhere else?

>------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------->Lights schmights, those are some mighty fine screenshots you>have there.>------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------->>I gotta agree! Please do tell what scenery you are using in>that last shot? Is that FS9 even lol. Where can I get those>trees and buildings if all that is autogen! Great screenshots!>:)Thanks Nes and Nevin. That scenery, I believe, is from 'grass_trees.zip' by J

Guest ThrottleUp

Thank you Robin for that info! BTW did you manage to sort out your lights problem? If not then do this:1. Backup the aircaft.cfg of your Super80 plane2. Open up the aircraft.cfg of a plane whose lights you like.3. Scroll down to the [lights] section4. Note the names of the files. Heres an example (the light-effect file names are in bold lettering):light.0 = 3, -16.115, -54.50, 3.11, NAV_Redlight.1 = 3, -16.115, 54.50, 3.11,NAV_Greenlight.2 = 3, -82.71, 0, 5.08, NAV_Whitelight.3 = 2, -82.71, 0, 5.08, Jet_whitestrobe_taillight.4 = 2, -16.41, -54.68, 3.13, Jet_whitestrobe_wingtipNow lets say you want to use the above strobes on your Super801. Open up your Super80 aircraft.cfg & scroll down to the [lights] section2. Locate the strobe light file name entries and replace them (copy-paste) with Jet_whitestrobe_wingtip3. Do the same for the other light effects. 4. Do NOT modify any numbers - just the names of the lightsSo lets say this is what your *current* Super80 strobe light entries look like (Ive made up the names for examples sake):light.3 = 2, -82.71, 0, 5.08, super80_strobe_taillight.4 = 2, -16.41, -54.68, 3.13, super80_strobe_wingtipYou would change them to:light.3 = 2, -82.71, 0, 5.08, Jet_whitestrobe_taillight.4 = 2, -16.41, -54.68, 3.13, Jet_whitestrobe_wingtipSave the aircraft.cfg and now go fly...you should see your new lights :)

>Thank you Robin>for that info! BTW did you manage to sort out your lights>problem? If not then do this:>>1. Backup the aircaft.cfg of your Super80 plane>2. Open up the aircraft.cfg of a plane whose lights you like.>3. Scroll down to the [lights] section>4. Note the names of the files. Heres an example (the>light-effect file names are in bold lettering):>>light.0 = 3, -16.115, -54.50, 3.11, NAV_Red>light.1 = 3, -16.115, 54.50, 3.11,NAV_Green>light.2 = 3, -82.71, 0, 5.08, NAV_White>light.3 = 2, -82.71, 0, 5.08, Jet_whitestrobe_tail>light.4 = 2, -16.41, -54.68, 3.13,>Jet_whitestrobe_wingtip>>Now lets say you want to use the above strobes on your>Super80>>1. Open up your Super80 aircraft.cfg & scroll down to the>[lights] section>2. Locate the strobe light file name entries and replace them>(copy-paste) with Jet_whitestrobe_wingtip>3. Do the same for the other light effects. >4. Do NOT modify any numbers - just the names of the>lights>>So lets say this is what your *current* Super80 strobe light>entries look like (Ive made up the names for examples sake):>>light.3 = 2, -82.71, 0, 5.08, super80_strobe_tail>light.4 = 2, -16.41, -54.68, 3.13,>super80_strobe_wingtip>>You would change them to:>>light.3 = 2, -82.71, 0, 5.08, Jet_whitestrobe_tail>light.4 = 2, -16.41, -54.68, 3.13,>Jet_whitestrobe_wingtip>>Save the aircraft.cfg and now go fly...you should see your new>lights :)>>Sweet! I have taken a look at the aircraft.cfg before and kinda figured this was the way to do it. Its just that I got confused because some effects don't tell you what lights they are for directly through its name. I believe the number after the input "light.x = " is what denotes what light effect it is. Anyways, I'll try your tip and see what happens.BTW, my name isn't Robin, lol! General Robin Olds is the guy who said the quote in my signature. My name is Stephen Zimmerman, hence 'zmanisfireproof'. Again, thanks for the tip!

If I want to change the lights used say for strobes, and the ones for a given AC look like tennis balls, I would use the strobe effect from say my Dreamfleet A36 or B58 as they are much better looking. I just change the name in the aircraft cfg file as mentioned above. The following is another change I use. I thought I would share this if anyone is interested, It's been around a long time. Say you can see the strobe for example from spot view, but if you were in VC and trying to look from a wing perspective view and don't see the strobe. Well you can actually open up the effect file in notepad, and add a couple of lines to the Properties section. Add the following lines above the others in this section.(Properties) There are actually brackets around the Properties heading.Cockpit=1 <<<<

Guest ThrottleUp

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------BTW, my name isn't Robin, lol!-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------http://www.nextgenerationrecords.co.uk/boa...con_redface.gif

>------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------->BTW, my name isn't Robin, lol!>------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------->>http://www.nextgenerationrecords.co.uk/boa...con_redface.gifHey, no problem. I assumed your name is Nevin because its in your signature too.