Sign in to follow this  
jsheldon

744 Landing Panel View

Hi !Does anyone out there know of a good quality 744 landing panel (2D and with working instruments) specifically for the PMDG 744 ? I have a fantastic one for the LVLD 767 by Phil Geddes, and would really like one for the 744 which is just a little too harsh on framerates while landing in the VC.Many thanks !Jonny

Guest ThrottleUp

Hallo!I hope you find what you are looking for but if you dont then you can make your own landing views. Its loads of fun (even though I know it sounds geeky) and you will soon start doing it for your favourite planes. It does seem rather long-winded but once you do it a few times its very fast.First you need to buy a copy of FS Panel Studio. This great little program displays your instrument panel and all the instruments on it....and you can drag em all around with your mouse - and even add new gauges wherever you want. Here is their website, you will wonder how you did without it lol:http://www.fspanelstudio.com/Heres what I did to make a landing view I needed:I started up the plane with the VC. Make sure the weather is clear with a deep blue sky. Takeoff and yank the nose back so you are pointing almost straight up - until you see blue sky.Pause the sim now.Go into virtual cockpit view. You can see where we are going with this...zoom to the level you like your approach panel to be (adjust seat height etc) and then take a screenshot.Open the saved bitmap in your favourite image editor - now you know why we wanted a blue even sky so your colour-picker tool can select it all at once - you will delete this and choose a black background (in a seperate layer). Resize the image accordingly (see the size of your 2D panel window).Save the bitmap and give it a name eg: LandingpanelOpen FS Panel Studio - it has a neat function called "Add New Window" - select your homemade landing panel..and now add all the gauges you want to it. I add just the bare minimum thats needed for a good landing. All done - you have a custom-made approach view.Heres a simple one I made:http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v630/Thr.../DvoLanding.jpg