Sign in to follow this  
Guest BrianFletcher

New system stuttering

Chase, sorry for not replying sooner. Things are crazy at the moment. The best way, at least how I prefer is to copy your FS9cfg file and paste in another folder on your rig. Then delete the original. Then start FS9, it will build a new cfg. I usually then set my resolution size, and general settings. Exit FS9. Now open the cfg you pasted elsewhere and copy the joystick settings and paste into the bottom of the new cfg file that FS9 rebuilt. (Tip: Rename the pasted cfg to FS9old or FS9.BAK or something, so when you have the two cfgs open at the same time with notepad, you won't get confused.) This way you don't have to re-program all of your button settings. You may have some things that have to be changed, but it does save some time. Also, you will have to manually make changes to the new cfg for any tweaks EX: multi bandwidth, pan speed, brakes on screen msgs etc.... I hope this helps. Brian, it's funny you mention better performance with your older rig. I find that my regular single core AMD2800xp ran better than what I have now. The supplier I purchased it from thinks I'm nuts. I tend to differ. I always refer them to this forum just to prove it's not just me. Go figure. Makes you want to throw the box out the window..doesn't it? Your not alone my friend.

Guest BrianFletcher

I've been noticing that since the day I bought my new rig Jeff. FSX is notably better, but FS9 was so smooth and nearly perfect on my old machine. I don't know enough about computers to explain this, but the stutters speak for themselves.

Makes you want to throw the box out the window..doesn't it?Wait a #### minute here... If you throw any system out of a window, especially with your hardware specs, make sure its thrown to where I'll be the first one there. I'd be putting it all in a garbage bag and running home with it. :)Throw it out of a one-story window if anything. :9

Guest BrianFletcher

Don't worry about having to wait outside of my window Chase, this rig isn't going anywhere. Aside from FS9, I'm swimming through every program I run, but I'm just so addicted to FS9 that I have had to revert to using my old rig until I can find a solution for my stutters. I think I'm going to try a re-install tonight and see what happens. Maybe I've added something that isn't making FS9 happy right now.

I Have exactly the same problem on my new system and it is driving me mad. I thought it was a problem with the computer so I went to the shop and they gave me a new computer, but the stuttering is still there (I have very high FPS, but a lot of stuttering)I have Vista and thought that was the problem but now I wonder. run vista premium 32 bit and have updated the graficcard etc.Specifications: CPU:Intel

Guest santv

I have same problem with same new system in sp2, 50 60 fps but many stutters.E66002048 ddr28800 gts asus p5w dh deluxe.

Have you updated your mobo and vid card drivers? What kind of video card do you have? Maybe OC it a little. My X850XT Pro runs stock at 520/540, I used to bump it up to 540/580. I noticed a nice increase with that. I gave the omega drivers a rest and went back to the latests ATI drivers, used overdrive's automatic OC (ATi's oc utility) and it set my card at 560/625. So, now im back to the omega drivers, but everytime I start FS, I speed the card up to 545/610 or 615. For me, it makes the difference of flying in a cloudy enviroment with frames jumping around 18 or so to frames staying around 27-31. I dunno Brian, just a thought. Maybe it'll help. :-roll

I've noticed something you guys all have in common...... Your processors. Maybe it's something with Intell. Brian, you came from an AMD and didnt have this issue, right?

I dont have any FPS-problem. but stutters. I can take of in New York on a cloudy day (several cloud layers) and have FPS around 40-50 (all settings at very high) but I have a lot of stutters. But these stutters are there no matter how dense the scenery and clouds are.

If you ask me, and Im not the smartest person when it comes to this, but I think it could be something with the processor. If your images are displaying correctly, great... Sounds as if the processor is having and issue loading what's next. Maybe im wrong...

More cheap advice:Make sure you have updated your DirectX 9.0c with the latest from the MS support site, and have updated drivers for both vid and sound card. I am using the 158.19 drivers for my 8800GTX with no problems here.Do a search on the forums for posts related to the TextureMaxLoad parameter. I have TEXTURE_BANDWIDTH_MULT = 100 and TextureMaxLoad=10 in my FS9.cfg file. These settings are likely to be system dependent, though. But these settings can really smooth things out.I also remember reading that having Threaded Optimization turned off (an option in your nVidia 3D settings) can cause these sorts of stutters. You should probably also have your Vertical synch forced off.CheersBob ScottATP IMEL Gulfstream II-III-IV-VSantiago de Chile

Bob Scott | President and CEO, AVSIM Inc
ATP Gulfstream II-III-IV-V

System1 (P3Dv5/v4): i9-13900KS @ 6.0GHz, water 2x360mm, ASUS Z790 Hero, 32GB GSkill 7800MHz CAS36, ASUS RTX4090
Samsung 55" JS8500 4K TV@30Hz,
3x 2TB WD SN850X 1x 4TB Crucial P3 M.2 NVME SSD, EVGA 1600T2 PSU, 1.2Gbps internet
Fiber link to Yamaha RX-V467 Home Theater Receiver, Polk/Klipsch 6" bookshelf speakers, Polk 12" subwoofer, 12.9" iPad Pro
PFC yoke/throttle quad/pedals with custom Hall sensor retrofit, Thermaltake View 71 case, Stream Deck XL button box

Sys2 (MSFS/XPlane): i9-10900K @ 5.1GHz, 32GB 3600/15, nVidia RTX4090FE, Alienware AW3821DW 38" 21:9 GSync, EVGA 1000P2
Thrustmaster TCA Boeing Yoke, TCA Airbus Sidestick, 2x TCA Airbus Throttle quads, PFC Cirrus Pedals, Coolermaster HAF932 case

Portable Sys3 (P3Dv4/FSX/DCS): i9-9900K @ 5.0 Ghz, Noctua NH-D15, 32GB 3200/16, EVGA RTX3090, Dell S2417DG 24" GSync
Corsair RM850x PSU, TM TCA Officer Pack, Saitek combat pedals, TM Warthog HOTAS, Coolermaster HAF XB case

And some cheaper advice:My system is similar to Brian's; a Dell XPS 700 several months older. I figured it could run circles around anything, but was angered by stuttering in FS every 3 to 4 seconds. Tried everything I could find.Then I downloaded and ran Filemon (from Microsoft). It took a little time to figure it out, but finally noticed that a two-bit program named SetIcon was running about every 3 to 4 seconds. (This is a Western Digital program that goes with my external HDD. The drive wasn't even powered up, but this stupid program was frantically trying to draw an icon on the screen.)So..., I ran MSConfig, clicked the Startup tab and zapped SetIcon. Ran FS and no more stutters! Finally, a very happy camper!Brian, you probably don't have SetIcon, but maybe some other useless software that is running amok in the background. Let us know how this all works out for you.Regards,JerryH

Guest BrianFletcher

Will do, I'm trying to figure out this Filemon right now. Hopefully it will find something.

Guest YukonPete

I got a new Dell XPS 710 just 2 weeks ago and FS9 runs perfect on Vista and XP. I still think its something to do with the SLI.

Guest YukonPete

Im running the Intel E6600 and have no issues