Sign in to follow this  
timers15

Tinmouse 737: My Goodness!

Well.Just completed my first full flight with the Tinmouse. That is, weather, passengers etc. And to think that I was going to can this one because I couldn't get the autopilot elevator to engage. I've ignored it this long because I've never been interested in the 200 anyway.Good thing I came back for more! I was intrigued by this "control-wheel-steering" autopilot. Seemed very natural to me. So I gave it another try. Whoa! That was awesome. This is the most fun I've had since FSX dampened the scene (I had to have a dig at FSX).The CWS is a really neat way to fly. I can smell the mold just seeing the panel. :) The model is incredible. The way it sways and bounces is incredible. Heh, it completely gives me the old-cranky-piece of junk steamgauge jet that I love.Wow! I had a great flight. My passengers loved it too.

Guest CaptainCernick

The trouble with the Tinmouse is it's lack of a manual.Nonetheless, I consider myself still quite the n00b with jets, and I manage to start it up, fly it and land it. Probably not "as I'm supposed to do it", but meh...I think it's safe to say that if you can manage, say David Maltby's BAC 1-11, you can figure out which switches to click on the Tinmouse.I would certianly advise everyone to download and use the CIVA INS with it. Lots of fun!

It's not a beginner plane, however, since it's free you can try it, learn it, and love it. Or not. :)Even though it doesn't have a manual there's plenty of resources out there to learn from, including 737 tutorials etc. I've always found these resources to be more valuable anyway.And once you've master the Tin Mouse, you're ready to try other jets.If you've already mastered the PMDG 737 and the Dreamfleet 727 you'll be more than ready for this one.

I have mastered the LVD 767 and the PMDG series.I cannot figure out why I keep running out of trim when in auto pilot with the 200.That being said I did not read what documents do come with the plane.Ok I'm off to give it another shot. :D

I get momentary out-of-trims sometimes. Seems like it happens when my framerate drops belong my lock point. It also happens when I switch views. ???I just completed a flight just now. Gusts made me plonk down at 500 fpm. I'm still getting use to it.