Sign in to follow this  
Guest kencr

Aircraft veering

Guest kencr

Using FS2004, I find that aircraft (I mean every aircraft) veer either left or right without any control input. This happens even in calm conditions (no wind), and with the aircraft perfectly lined up with the centreline of the runway. I've reloaded Fs2004 entirely, hoping the fault would fix itself, but it keeps on happening regardless.Is there some way of correcting this, or could it be an inbuilt fault in the system ??

Guest wji

Usually caused by a defective (read that: self induced maintenance problem -- worn out) joy stick; time to get rid of that old SubLogic and replace it with a new Logitech's Digital 3D [/font size]

Guest RonB49

What device are you using to control your rudder (yaw)? Joystick, pedals, yoke, mouse, keyboard? Have I missed any? R-

Guest kencr

The aircraft is controlled by a Top Gun Afterburner joystick, with twist grip rudder.

Have you tried enabling the yaw damper in Aircraft/Realism. Just a thought.Russell.

Guest RonB49

>The aircraft is controlled by a Top Gun Afterburner joystick,>with twist grip rudder.I would try to eliminate the joystick as a problem. Line up on the runway, then disable the joystick (Ctrl+k, I believe). Use the Numpad 0 key (left rudder), Numpad Enter key (right rudder), and Numpad 5 key (center ailerons and rudder) to steer the plane during takeoff. If the plane stays reasonably straight, then you have a joystick problem. Try increasing the null zone and reducing the sensitivity of the rudder axis before replacing the joystick. R-

Yaw damper in Aircraft realism????Are you sure? Look again?

Dave Taylor gb.png

Guest over and out

I have had similar problems from time to time and then I realize that the Auto Pilot is engaged at start up even though I never set it. I don't know why this happens from time to time but it does? This is fairly obvious once you get going. The other thing it could be is that you have a command conflict between what your contol settings in the FS9 settings and the utility/setup program that came with the stick - if you have that.For example, my Saitek X45 has it's own setting profiler that does not automatically overide the control settings in FS9. So I have at times had to go through and make sure there were matching settings.Good luck :)