Sign in to follow this  

Geforce4MX440 worth the money?

HelloI was wondering if anyone could tell me if a new Geforce4MX440 64MB is worth the $100.00 it will cost me, considering that I now have a Geforce2MX400 64MB? What if any gain will I get?And if you could recomend a good brand name, I'm looking at a Asus or Gainward.ThanksAthlon 1.2512MBWin98se

I wouldn't do that. The GF4MX is really just an enhanced GF2MX by another name. Why not look at the GF4 Ti4200's? They can be had for US$110-115 and I think you'll see some real gains in the rendering quality. (I like Gainward).Trip

Yes, what he said, don't get the G4 MX, get the G4 4200 64 or 128 MB, they are much much much better! Go pricewatch.com== WHK ==

Any Product containing the Letters MX, or ME should make everyone run screaming away like little school childred.Al

Guest Macs

My father always said: "If it's worth doing,its worth doing right"Why bother getting this card just because it is a few $'s off? Trust me I had the ASUS G4 64MB DDR MX440 and it was...well disgusting!To be honest,I would wait for the new FX cards to come out from Nvidia,the prices for all Ti cards will drop.Just my 2 centsRegardsJohn Mc AvinueEINN/BAV 855Senior captain-600HRShttp://www.bavirtual.co.ukP 2.53 GHZ512 RAMWINXPGFORCE 4 128MB Ti4600

Check www.pricewatch.com for cheap prices on Ti4200. You'll do much better with it than with the MX440.

Guest Vulcho

Definatelly go to pricewatch.I have a 4200 64MB. I would recommend a 128MB but it really isn't much diffrence.My suggestion too is: Don't buy the MX.Alex.AlexNatchev@Yahoo.comERROR:Banner is 6.6KB, 15 pixels (width) above limit. Cannot Display!

Thanks for your suggestions guys I really appreciate them.