Sign in to follow this  

Whats the best water package you know of? Im going through that phase again and I want to get an even better water set than what I have now.

Guest wji

Vilk's vater.zipnot at avsim . . . search google [/font size]

Guest Jeff Berman

Flight Environment from Flight One is excellent :)

Guest cloudrider

Hi, I think you'll really like xtrawater.zip available from Avsim Library. It's my favorite!! Check it out.

I have xtrawater and I have used it several times. And yes, I love it. It's great for low level vfr. I've noticed that it doesnt blend well with the horizon though. But yes, it's very nice. Beautiful textures and awsome reflections. :9

Guest cloudrider

You're exactly right, excellant for VFR, but looking out at a distance, it seems to "pattern" itself. But I fly low and slow alot. I'm a helo addict for now.

Guest TomOOO

Real Environment pro - it is free

>I have xtrawater and I have used it several times. And yes, I>love it. It's great for low level vfr. I've noticed that it>doesnt blend well with the horizon though. But yes, it's very>nice. Beautiful textures and awsome reflections. :9HelloI agree about the horizon thing,i ve tried all sorts of water textures and still have the square block look when flying at altitude and that is most of the time as i am a passenger jet buff.The problem i have is that i like to have the horizon view at 120 130 or more as it looks much better to me like that,unfortunately that reveals more of the square block sea. If you have view at the default 60m it cuts down the blocky look BUT! you are lumbered with that horrible straight unreal looking horizon.cheers Andy

photo-141290.gif?_r=1341161573?t=54318216?t=43542077

>Vilk's vater.zip>not at avsim . . . search google [/font size]>

Unfortunately google has not produced any viable link. Anyone could give a link or more details please.

Guest PARADISE

I tried a number of freeware water textures and I would suggest doing that first to see what kinds of water pleases your eye. I could never find one that gave me everything that I was looking for so I wound up spending some $$ and went with Flight Environment. It has so many different types of water textures that I can almost guarentee that you'll find one that works for you.John M

Guest macman4

wji, The water looks great, but who does the music in that video, man I like that. Bob