Sign in to follow this  
Guest canadian_airlines747

Help!!! ATC voices along with Engine Sounds Are Gone!!

Guest canadian_airlines747

Hey everyone, well my probolem is that the atc voices are gone along with engine sounds for most planes. The flaps gears and wind noice are still there, but no more engine noices. I didnt really care though cause I can just put on 3rd party sounds anyway, but I dont know what to do for ATC. Anyone know how to fix it or can give me link to decent Add On that can replace the old ATC voices?

Guest magnum_force

Dude,I have a question for you. How do you lose your voices and jet sound files without erasing them.?You cant just lose them without something being amiss.FS9 has 3 voices small or 10 voices large or full install.Jet sounds are installed with a small or large install, but you cant just "lose them" without just "erasing them" or your hard drive going "rebel" on you.It is a bizzare question, no offense.

Guest wayupthere

Magun_force, "It is a bizzare question, no offense".. NO question is bizarre, not asking questions, if you don't know what to do, and just do whatever,.. now THATS bizarre, since many tech people here are also here to help others with problems... That said, Canadian, just get the voices from the original CD's, they must be in one of the .CABs, just don't ask me which one ;)

Guest magnum_force

Okay, no such thing as a bad question. I agree. Go to sound, settings, and make sure you have at least one male vioce, go into your sound folder and make sure you have your voice file. if you dont, you will find it on disk one of FS9, but I could be wrong, it could be disk two.I have never lost my voices before without erasing them and doing some other kind of work like a fresh install Etc.You can also extract the sound files and replace the old sound file to get your jet sounds back or extract each one that is missing. it would be easier to extract the whole sound file to your desktop then drop it in to FS9 folder and copy over the old file.Not a bizzare question, a good question if you dont have sound.Short sided on my part.