Sign in to follow this  
Guest PowderBlue

FPS

Guest PowderBlue

OK I'm stumped. I see guys getting 40 to 60 FPS in games and I would be happy with about 25 steady at the most. I'll take 40 if it stays 40 but anyways. So I go out and by a new rig. I have a MSI K9n-NEO Motherboard. The AM2 socket AMD 64 x2 4200+ , 4 gigs of 533 PC 3200 DDR2 Ram and the 8800 GTS Nvidia. Why is it in the sim I can only get like 18 FPS and that is pushing it. This is on a completely fresh and bare copy of Vista with all the usaual tweaks to make my computer a very fancy PS3 , I have shut off almost everything I can. Thanks

Guest jaapverduijn

"(...) OK I'm stumped (...)"Me too (sad grin)! With your specifications you should be able to run FS9 at astronomical framerates.Hope somebody comes up with a diagnosis and a remedy: it's pretty clear that something is very wrong.Jaap Verduijn.

Hard to say, but the first place I would look is you video card driver settings (not within FS). Perhaps you have things set for to 'high quality' settings than what you need.I have a mid-range ATI card (X850XT), not Nvidia, with a fairly new system (Core 2 Duo+), but If I have my setting to 'highest quality' within the driver settings, my FR's drop fairly dramatically. If I accept more mid-range to 'performance' modes, they increase greatly....with very little difference in image quality all things considered. That is still with pretty high AA settings and such.Again, not sure how the Nvidia settings work, but you may want to check there first. I use ATI Tray Tools, not the ATI 'Catalyst' setting software.