Sign in to follow this  
Guest nigel28

What resolution do you play in?

Guest nigel28

Im thinking of upgrading my monitor from a 1280x1024 to a 1600x1200. I want crisper textures but I dont wanna sacrifice my FPS. With my eaglesoft planes and my Super80 I get 32 fps locked and steady with the rig below in 1280x1024. Would I lose anything going to 1600x1200 or is my graphics card good enough to handle the extra load?Also, what rez do you all play in?

Guest jaapverduijn

It's hard to say with any certainty, Nigel, but if I may venture a fairly educated guess: no problem.There are lots of variables though, the combination of which might work against you or... FOR you! You wouldn't be the first one to discover that a higher resolution runs with higher frame rates!Be well.Jaap Verduijn.(Forgot to mention that I run 1600x1200, on a 8600GTS card)

You're good to go. Native on my Gateway is 1680 x 1050 and I can run at a solid 40 with fs9. In practice I lock both sims at 25. Besides - having an 8800GTX - where are you going to go if it's not enough????:-)

i7 4790K@4.8GHz | 32GB RAM | EVGA RTX 3080Ti | Maximus Hero VII | 512GB 860 Pro | 512GB 850 Pro | 256GB 840 Pro | 2TB 860 QVO | 1TB 870 EVO | Seagate 3TB Cloud | EVGA 1000 GQ | Win10 Pro | EK Custom water cooling.

Guest nigel28

ha good point PJ. I was looking at a Sony 1680x1050 or an Acer with the same rez...But good point, with an 8800 GTX there isnt much higher I can go.

One thing to note about the ACER. I have a 22" ACER wide screen but there is no way to move the monitor up and down. I have it on 2" blocks of wood to make it towards the middle of where is look. Am thinking of adding 1 more inch to it. Other then that I like the ACER. It runs at 1680*1050. Not sure if the frames are lower as I got the MADDOG at the same time.JimCYWG

Guest nigel28

well I broke down and bought the samsung 22" 1680*1050 so we will see what happens when I get home.

Nigel:Your system can easily handle 2560x1600 res, i.e., a 30" LCD panel, if you wish and have the $$ to spend.Your new panel should be a piece of cake for your system. SAMSUNG makes good stuff and 1680x1050 will be a good boost for your eyes.JS

Guest nigel28

well thanks for the replies guys. I bought the samsung 1680x1050 and wow what a difference. I checked my 3Dmark 06 and I only lost 200 points off my score so no noticeable difference. The cockpits are huge now and the gauges are VERY easy to read and it has made flying very enjoyable!!

Guest dpc

I run at 1920x1200 here.