Sign in to follow this  
Guest icenine35

Ultimate Terrain USA / Flight1

Guest icenine35

Has anyone out there had any issues with their UT USA CD? I purchased both UT Alaska/Canada and UT USA on CD, and my UT USA CD 1 is warped (e.g. concaved), pitted, and completely unreadable.Also, I believe their downloadable installer is corrupted as well. I've installed and purchased tons of their online software and recently downloaded and re-installed just about everything due to a computer rebuild -- no problems with anything except the Ultimate Terrain USA installer after multiple downloads which led me to buy the CD set as a fall back in the first place.Finally, has anyone had issue with their customer service? Response time seems slow for email, and they never seem to answer the phone. I've called numerous times in the past and I never get an answer. The message on their voicemail is always the same, and I'm still waiting on my return call. Is it just me and bad luck or are others experiencing the same thing?

I've never heard of a bad CD, although I guess anything is possible.As far as service, Flight1 hasn't provided phone or email customer service for a long time. Customer service is either via their support forum or via their ticket system. I would suggest contacting them directly via their support system here:http://www.flight1.com/ticket.asp

Guest icenine35

By email, I meant to say their ticket system. I do have a ticket pending at the moment. Thank you for the advice, though.

Guest icenine35

It's now the 7th and I still haven't received any replies to my service ticket nor have they returned my calls. Does anyone know of a more direct way to communicate with Flight1 support? At this point, I'm beginning to get frustrated as I still have nothing to show for my Ultimate Terrain USA purchase due to the faulty media they shipped. It wouldn't bother me as much if it wasn't their mistake and I wasn't out on the tiles. Thanks.

Guest ristretto

>Has anyone out there had any issues with their UT USA CD? I>purchased both UT Alaska/Canada and UT USA on CD, and my UT>USA CD 1 is warped (e.g. concaved), pitted, and completely>unreadable.Yes, I bought Ultimate Terrain USA from PC Aviator on 4/26/07, arrived at my house on 5/1/07 and I cannot install disk 1. It loads about 30% and than I get a corrupt file error. If I try to drag/copy UT USA CD1 to the desktop I also get an error after it copies about 30% of the files. I called Flight 1 but no one picks up the phone.

Guest icenine35

That's definitely bad media without a doubt. Since you didn't buy it from Flight1, it might make sense to contact the original vendor and ask for a replacement.

I bought both the UT USA and Canada packages about a week and a half ago via download from the Flight1 website, and had absolutely no problems either with the download or installer. A few days later, I decided I didn't want to keep it (it was actually redundant for my rig) and I was issued a refund within 24 hours.In 15 years, I have never been issued a refund for downloadable software before, so Flight1 has earned my business for life!Chuck B.