Sign in to follow this  
ghostrider 112

VC Guages

Much of time you can't really do anything about it because the resolution the .bmp files were created to.If it is an older panel, in most instances you get what you got. Most more modern releases have 'pumped' the resolution as the hardware has gotten to where it could be handled. Earlier releases were trying to be frame rate friendly.

Guest nigel28

and he would know because eaglesoft did this to their gauges on there 1.0 version planes. I still love them though!!CJ1 rules!

Thanks guys,But I seem to remember seeing some edit to the CFG file here on the forum. I can't seem to find it in the search engine...

Guest nigel28

there is an edit now that you mention it but I thought it applied to only 2D gauges?

In the FS9.cfg is an entry called VIRTUAL_COCKPIT_TEXTURE_SCALE.By default it

Guest nigel28

im curious to see if this will work. Do you mean jsut add the "s" at the end of the number?? Is this in conjunction with the other change??Does it cause any FPS decrease?? You know with MSFS every single FPS is valuable!

Thanks for the hint. I'll try is, but the resolution which the panel was designed at is typically tied directly to the model, so you will typically not be able to make tremendous improvements.Even when I've installed RXP gauges into older panels, they are never as crisp as a panel that was designed for higher resolutions.

Works perfect, for example, in ES's Citation II.Thanks for the tip, an old one, but finally has made it into my FS9.cfg.

Thanks Ron,Well it worked...Great!My Arianne 738 looked wonderful.Unfortunately, it hit the frames hard, so back to the blurries :)

Thanks for these tips, I've implemented them in my older aircraft and they do seem to help. Still not as sharp as my newer higher res cockpits, but well worth the effort.Thanks again.