Sign in to follow this  
Guest tappy

Global warming? My sea level has risen......

Guest tappy

Hi, Could someone please explain why my coastline has been erroded. The attached screenshots show what I mean. I use FS Terrain by Just flight, UT/USA, GE Pro, Endless scenery add ons, the pictures show Aerosoft's Canary Islands/ Mallorca. But most of my coastline are like this. Could my Scenery.cfg file have layers in the wrong order, I put landclass files lower than scenery files..is this right? And Ultimate Terrain below most files, that is higher numbered. Any help here with this problem would improve my enjoyment of this simhttp://forums.avsim.net/user_files/171209.jpghttp://forums.avsim.net/user_files/171210.jpgDo you get that sinking feeling?......Regards Peter.

Check the date setting on your computer. I think you must have it set for something like 2035. :)

Haha.. Nice one... Long time no see Tom. Hope all is well.As for the coastline, Im clueless. Im sure someone will be able to tell you the problem. But untill then, those folks' could use a life raft, or they might as well just start swimming.

Peter,I had a similar problem when flying in many locations in Europe. I spent an entire weekend reading support forums and finally found a solution.It seems you have the scenery priority correctly set, so the problem comes from installing Mallorca after you installed the software that portrays the accurate coastlines. You only mention UT/USA, but if those photos are Mallorca, then you must also have UT/Europe.Go to the UT support forum and download the patches for the Aerosoft, SimWings, etc. products. http://www.simforums.com/forums/forum_posts.asp?TID=16113This should fix the problem. If it does not, then run the UT setup program, disabling all UT settings, which makes UT copy the original textures back to the scenery folder. Then enable the UT settings again, and UT will copy its custom BGLs into the scenery folder. Check your coastlines to see if the problem goes away.If not, then you'll have to copy your original textures back, as listed in the previous section and uninstall UT Europe. Then install UT again, which guarantees the original UT BGLs are copied into your scenery folder. Don't forget to apply the patches after the reinstall.There are some scenery programs that change the original scenery BGLs during installation, and when you have UT installed, they change the UT scenery instead. So generally a reset will work, and in some cases, a reinstall will work. In my case, once I did the reinstall, then applied all of the patches, my coastline problems were gone.It was frustrating, and I was very relieved once I had proper coastlines again. The lesson learned was to be careful when installing new scenery and always check the area for coastline problems (that includes lakes).Bruce

Guest KemoF15

PeterBefore you do what Bruce is suggesting make sure you start FS9 and check your scenery library to see if UT etc is still there and checked and also what the priority is.KemoF15ps...are you running Birds Eye View as well?

I thought I heard somewhere, or read on some forum, that if you don't have the checkbox marked by the "Enhanced Lakes, Coast, and Rivers" tab in Ultimate Terrain options, then your coasts will look like yours. Check to see if that tab is checked...

Guest tappy

Hi, Bruce, Thanxs for your reply, I've checked and i don't have UT Europe installed on my system so alas this can't be the cause of my problem.. could there be another add on that effects coastlines, the only one that I can think of I have that effects Europe is FS Terrain. I don't know much about Scenery and the way it works, I wish I knew when the problem started because I have mainly been flying in the States and the problems don't apply there. Must be some thing added awhile back and hadn't been noticed at the time, only now. Is there a generic bgl file that effects coastlines that could of been deleted or over written. The last main terrain add on was GE Pro could that effect coastlines?any more Ideas would be most helpful.... Regards Peter.

Guest tappy

Hi,sorry I havn't replied to your help, have been to busy... Getting back to my problem of erroding coastline, I sure the problem is not related to UT, but to VFR Photographic Scenery, possibly some free downloads that I've tried and then taken off and forgotten about. Ive read somewhere that to reshape coastline to make photographic scenery fit better you have to remove the default coastline in the area effected, I could be wrong as I don't know much about these things but it would explain my problem.... BTW the buildings floating in the sea in the second screen shot have been solved..I had two Canary Island scenery's activated in the FS scenery library, when I removed one, they dissapeared and I thought I had solved all my problems but alas the coastline in the first picture was still the same....Even when I de-activated the other Canary Island scenery it still remained the same..so I am stumped, unless someone can help. Regards, Peter.