Sign in to follow this  
Guest KemoF15

Ground Environment Pro

>This combined packaged is>one b***** to recover from if it goes wrong - there are roads>in the water, humps of land where they shouldn't be, plateaus,>sloping water. . . That's exactly what I'm having. Roads in the water etc. Looks horrible, have to untick all the options in UT to make it look decent around KSEA. What are the right settings? I wish I could learn how to setup UT properly with my RealScene 2004(another wonderful NA meshes & LC DVD package) +GE +FE +AS + add-on airports in just one area around KSEA, then to cover other areas of interest. UT is the only package I can not fit in the combo, to the extent I just untick all the enhancements. Anyone could recommend anything for it? Shame, because I understand UT is also a very important package, that can increase dramatically visual realism of the environment.Thanks.

Thanks for the confirmation, Dirk. I had noticed it since I rebuilt Windows a few weeks ago, but hadn't done anything about it. ;(I'll reinstall and see if that fixes it. It's not too big a job. pj

i7 4790K@4.8GHz | 32GB RAM | EVGA RTX 3080Ti | Maximus Hero VII | 512GB 860 Pro | 512GB 850 Pro | 256GB 840 Pro | 2TB 860 QVO | 1TB 870 EVO | Seagate 3TB Cloud | EVGA 1000 GQ | Win10 Pro | EK Custom water cooling.

Guest ThrottleUp

GE Pros greatest feat for me has been in Asia where it has utterly transformed the landscape there. Specially in Thailand. At last the paddy fields clumps of tropical trees has appeared...just like it is in real life. SO yea...thanx to the GEP team for a winner :)

Guest KemoF15

Concur throttleup...I really liked BEV but GE PRO is a marked improvement...as a real world fast jet mover (F15E)...I'm so impressed with the Nellis Range area outside of Las Vegas...the desert scrub and texturing is very realistic...that coupled with FE clouds riding on Active Sky makes for a very immersive experience.Question for PJ and/or Jim Skorma:When GE PRO creates land and sky textures...then you open Active Sky...click GE PRO options after importing a route (the 3 questions)...are the FS9 weather textures GE PRO or Flight Environment?When I said yes (clicked check mark) that I wanted ground textures loaded it also loaded GE PRO sky textures (not FE) because I had built some sky texture sets in GEP...is there some way to "force" GE PRO sky textures to use what I selected and installed in FE?ThanksKemo

Guest KemoF15

Copy Jim--thanks as usual for your timely replies/supportCongrats on the new launch--looks very impressive/intuitive--does this mean build 552 may be the last for FS9? Kemo

Guest KemoF15

Yes--Strike Eagle is the two seater version--it does have CFTs--conformal fuel tanks that add fuel but limit G and AOA a bit compared to slick F-15.It's an awesome jet--I flew it throughout the 1990s at RAF Lakenheath--492FS (Madhatters)--nearly 2000hrs in the type. Lakenheath had the PW-229 engines (29000lbs thrust in each engine in AB (reheat)). Given Lakenheath's near sea level elevation and cool weather, our primary concern was overspeeding the gear right after rotation--we'd accelerate to gear limits in no time and traded speed for altitude which is always fun!Kemo

Guest ThrottleUp

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------overspeeding the gear right after rotation-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------Now thats a plane!

>Now thats a plane!No, air conditions. Cold and thick. :)

Guest KemoF15

Throttle up--I've got FSGenesis 38M mesh already--about a year old--is this anything different?Kemo

Guest gregb143

I have ActiveSky Weather Simulator Version 6.5 and Ground Environment Pro 2 installed on FSX. Both seemed to install properly, but when I am in ActiveSky and click on the GE Pro button to incorporate the GE Pro features, it tells me path not found. How can I fix this?