Sign in to follow this  
clayton4115

AI Traffic Add ons

hi allcan anyone tell me what the difference is between PAI and World Of AI traffic AI add ons?For World of AI i dont see anyone write anything about them but there have been many downloads of they AI packages from avsim library.Also is it worth getting Ultimate Traffic when one can choose one of the freewares as mentioned here?

I7-10700F RTX 3070 32 Gig Ram

Guest IL76TD

PAI probably has the greatest variety of models, liveries, and flight plans. They cater for different small companies and little-known operators alongside the full dedicated carriers. The installations are very easy. Only downside is the quality of the models, which is rather poor. What you can do, though, is to download PAI packages and then get good AI models, like Aadvark, and simply replace the acft reference lines in PAI Aircraft.txt file running decompile/compile in Traffic Tools. Like that, you'll get great PAI flight plans and variety with good quality models, which dont impact frame rates.Regards,IL76

PAI started the freeware AI packages concept.The gentlemen behind World of AI all were part of PAI at one time.Some disagreements in the AI community made some of the very best AI models unavailable to PAI for use in their packages.That and some other reasons was the reason to found World of AI.PAI uses their own developed or contributed models, does their own repaints, often writes their own flight plans.World of AI takes aircraft models, repaints and flight plans freely available on the web to make packages. World of AI has explicit permission from the creators of the work to use their material.PAI recently changed ownership after a contentious period. The group is coming back.That said - only about 40-50% of the airlines by the two are duplicates. Use the best of each - use the rest of both to fill your AI skies.However, there will be a lot of missing airlines - and filling the gaps is where the payware products can be used.This is basically a cost vs time decision. You can fill your skies with freeware if you take the labor intensive manual approach.Or you can spend those hundreds of hours flying in FS with a payware package to fill the gaps.Ultimate Traffic, the Just Flight Traffic series and My Traffic are commercial AI programs. There is a learning curve with each package before you can get the best from it - either using it exclusively for all AI, or as part of a better integrated AI world.Ultimate Traffic uses real world schedules - and has a massive update coming soon. Many of their current models are the older PAI models and do not have the latest technology to be more FPS friendly.Traffic has several new models but is still a long way short of the features of AIA and EvolveAI models used by WoA.My Traffic is the most actively supported/ updated of the payware and freeware AI setups.Traffic and My Traffic use 'representational' flight plans for most of their flight schedules. They do have some real schedules for some flights.My Traffic uses Microsoft's Traffic Database Builder to compile the traffic.bgl files.All others use Lee Swordy's Traffic Tools program.Ultimate Traffic, Traffic and My Traffic all include about 1,500 airport parking files. These files are VITAL to make AI traffic work without killing your computer. They may not be the best or very realistic in some cases - but the planes have places to park.With World of AI and Project AI, you have to find and add the AFCAD files yourself to avoid stutters caused by too much AI and too little parking. They can be found though.

Rfields, this is one of the best comparative analysis of the AI in FS9 I have ever read. Thank you.