Sign in to follow this  

PSS 757, a sleeper hit?

The FDE error was corrected and PSS issued a statement explaining what happened. No one is perfect and mistakes will occur.But. . . it sure would be nice for software to work properly before it's released for sale, or at the least developers should make every effort to expidite fixes!Jim Harnes

When a developer uses a completely other FDE, which would be POSKY's in this case, instead of creating their own, I would hardly consider that to be a mistake.

I dont understand. How can using a freeware developers FDE be a error? The way I see it, that decision was made just to save themselves time and effort.Maybe Im looking at this from the wrong perspective? :-hmmm

I don't think it was a malicious attempt to steal another developers work, if it was I think they probably would have made a better attempt at hiding it. The explanation given by PSS was that the POSKY FDE was used for testing early versions of the model, and that someone forgot to replace it with the proper PSS FDE in the installer released for sale. My gut feeling it was a genuine mistake......but this sort of mistake from a payware developer is absolutely astonishing. It shows an embarassing level of slopiness has crept into PSS. I remember PSS stating on their forum that they were taking their time with the 757 to "get it right" and not repeat the debacle of the 777. The buggy and unfinished state of the 757 on release, the loooong wait for the 1.2 patch, and ongoing wait for 1.3, and now the news they actually released their product with a freeware FDE from another developer really show PSS in an extremely poor light.I always felt a little sorry for Norman and Steven on the PSS forums. They were the public face of PSS, and did a very good job on the PSS forums. They seemed like genuinely nice and helpful guys. I don't think PSS deserve to have guys like these working for them!

>I dont understand. How can using a freeware developers FDE be>a error? The way I see it, that decision was made just to save>themselves time and effort.>>Maybe Im looking at this from the wrong perspective? :-hmmmIt was a genuine mistake so stop thinking there is a conspiracy around every corner. Do you understand that?

Eric 

Hi there! Nice to talk to you!I said I didn't understand why they would even be using the freeware FDE. It sounded odd that they would be, and I personally thought that they would of developed their own and that they would of been using it instead. I also said that maybe I was looking at it from the wrong perspective. Do YOU understand that? Thanks and have a nice day. :-wave

Either way, I would never ever buy from PSS again unless they have some sort of revolutionary change in behavior where they release quality products that deserve the price point they set.

Andrew, I downloaded that file but theres no 'readme' file contained? Where do you put the DXT files please?

Dave Taylor gb.png