Sign in to follow this  
Guest PowderBlue

Disply Issue

Guest PowderBlue

Hey Guys, Well I updated my system with a K9N-NEO MB, 4 gigs of 3200 ddr2 Ram and a 8800 GTS Vid card.When I load up the sim everything works fine. After some time about 5 to 10 minutes the surrounding scene such as planes and basically everything is all jagged and my frames go from 25 to 13. I don't know what causes this and I have the latest drivers and have tried a few older versions as well. Anyhelp would be appreciated.

>When I load up the sim everything works fine. After some time>about 5 to 10 minutes the surrounding scene such as planes and>basically everything is all jagged and my frames go from 25 to>13. I don't know what causes this and I have the latest>drivers and have tried a few older versions as well. Anyhelp>would be appreciated.What do you mean with "jagged"? Any screenshots?Marco

"The problem with quotes on the Internet is that it is hard to verify their authenticity." [Abraham Lincoln]

Guest PowderBlue

Ok In the first pick was flying around for about 5 min didn't have anything happen this time, but I shut the sim off 2 min after the shot so maybe not enough time.fsscr001te9.jpgI will post the other as soon as It happens again. Also I have no AA unless I have the AA checked in Sim and I have overide the setting applications during the video card setup.

Guest PowderBlue

-OK here are some pics of what happens. It looks like my AA is turning off.fsscr006sk8.jpgfsscr007bq5.jpgIt seems as if there is an issue with the nvidia drivers. I have tried 3 version. I dunno nay help would be appreaciated

>-OK here are some pics of what happens. It looks like my AA>is turning off.>>It seems as if there is an issue with the nvidia drivers. I>have tried 3 version. I dunno nay help would be appreaciatedVery strange... Yeah it seems a driver issue. I never had nVidia, but on ATI you could have issues if you didn't uninstall old drivers correctly, have you tried making a thorough uninstalling of old drivers first?Marco

"The problem with quotes on the Internet is that it is hard to verify their authenticity." [Abraham Lincoln]

Guest PowderBlue

Since I built my system from scratch this time , I just retired my old card and never installed the ATI stuff. So no driver residuals.

Guest jaapverduijn

Long time ago, in a galaxy far far away, I experienced similar effects. Turned out be be a heat issue: insufficient ventilation for my videocard.Jaap Verduijn.

From others' posts - I always understood that when using an nVidia card AA had to be on both in the hardware AND in the sim. No?

i7 4790K@4.8GHz | 32GB RAM | EVGA RTX 3080Ti | Maximus Hero VII | 512GB 860 Pro | 512GB 850 Pro | 256GB 840 Pro | 2TB 860 QVO | 1TB 870 EVO | Seagate 3TB Cloud | EVGA 1000 GQ | Win10 Pro | EK Custom water cooling.

Guest PowderBlue

That seems to be the case that AA has to be turned on , on both card and in sim. But even then it will lose the AA and go to the jagged stuff, and it always does it after I switch to the menu or start squawkbox or some action such as that.Also I'm not so sure its a heat issue. as with my upgrade I moved to a bigger case twice the size as my old one, I also have 3 system fans and 1 cpu fan in the case.

Guest jaapverduijn

"(...) I'm not so sure its a heat issue. as with my upgrade I moved to a bigger case twice the size as my old one, I also have 3 system fans and 1 cpu fan in the case (...)"That surely negates my initial suggestion of overheating. Extremely unlikely after all, considering the above information.All the best,Jaap Verduijn.

Guest PowderBlue

After reading and reading and reading it seems as if this may be a driver issue with Nvidia. I think I might have the issue under control using a program called nhancer. I'll keep ya updated because I just can't see how a company can sell a 600 dollar vid card and not give support for it. Nvidia has not been exactly helpful.

>Hey Guys,>> Well I updated my system with a K9N-NEO MB, 4 gigs of 3200>ddr2 Ram and a 8800 GTS Vid card.>>When I load up the sim everything works fine. After some time>about 5 to 10 minutes the surrounding scene such as planes and>basically everything is all jagged and my frames go from 25 to>13. I don't know what causes this and I have the latest>drivers and have tried a few older versions as well. Anyhelp>would be appreciated.Hi Jason,I have had problems after installing new nvidia drivers, here is what I do now and I have not had any issues:Here is what I do when I install a new driver. First off download and install Driver Cleaner Pro http://downloads.guru3d.com/download.php?det=745#download then:1. Download and save new driver to desktop.2. Go to Add/Remove Programs and delete old driver.3. Go to Start, Programs, Run and type in msconfig. Go to boot.ini and select

\Robert Hamlich/

Guest PowderBlue

Thanks for that I will try it, what post refers to making a new CFG/ Thanks

>Thanks for that I will try it, what post refers to making a>new CFG/ ThanksHi Jason,Find your FS9.cfg located in C:My DocumentsDocuments and SettingsUsernameApplication DataMicrosoftFS9, copy and paste a backup in your "My Documents" folder and then delete the .cfg file. Start FS9 and redo your settings. At this point I exit FS9 and make whatever changes are necessary in the FS9.cfgAnd that is it. Good luck,

\Robert Hamlich/