Sign in to follow this  
Guest G. Stone

Considering the SSW A310...am I crazy?

Guest G. Stone

I popped over to the SSW website recently and I noticed the price has dropped on the A310 Airbus. Considering the new lowered price and the bugfixes the SSW team has provided is the product now worth it?I have to say I have heard the stories about the overall quality of the product and the support forums but I would really like to purchase an A310 and the CLS product is a little too lite for my tastes.Even if the product needs a few tweaks I can handle that since I am pretty savvy with FS9 and computers in general. I really just want a product that works...lol

Save your money...

Best regards, Fritz ESSONO

I agree with the last two replys.. save your time and money. It was a great plane in FS2002 but it's upgrade to FS9 was never right. There is zero support from the developer.

Don't do that huge mistake. Along with Ariane 737 they are my worst purchases.

Intel Core i7 2600K @ 4.60GHz | Corsair Vengeance Pro 16 GB Dual-Channel DDR3 @ 1600MHz (9-9-9-24) | ASUSTeK P8P67 DELUXE | EVGA GeForce GTX 980 Ti 6GB Superclocked ACX 2.0+ | Samsung SSD 860 EVO 2TB | Crucial CT1000MX500 1TB | 2 x Western Digital WDC WD40EZRX 4TB | Creative X-Fi Audio Processor | NEC 24WMGX3 MultiSync | Windows 10 Pro 64-bit

Guest G. Stone

Thanks for the responses... guess I have to look at the CLS A310 again or maybe pick up GE ProMoney is burning a hole in my pocket :-)

I strongly recommend GE Pro. I noticed an 'instant' change in the visual appearance of my sim. A very worthwhile purchase.Cheers,Nick

I guess I'm the lone dissenting voice here, but I still like the old 310. Sure, the VC is not functional, but all the systems work well and it can be a real challenge to learn how to use them properly. If it's on sale I say go for it. There are a few well written tutorials to get you over the hump. I usually just use the Fedex version as they are still widely used in the freighter variant. It also comes with a fairly good load manager.Dave FisherCYYZP4 Prescott 3.2e 478p 800mhz 1mg CPUP4P800SE Asus Motherboard2.5 gig PC3200 DDR RAM 400MHZGeForce 7600GT/512 OC'dMaxtor 80 Gig ATA 133 HD x2WDC WD800 80 Gig HDAntec 500watt true powerSharp 19 inch LCD MonitorLogitech Extreme 3D pro Joystickhttp://fs2crew.com/linepilot.jpghttp://www.jdtllc.com/images/rcv4bannersupporter.jpg

you can also combine the SSW panel and gauges into the CLS model, right? I might pick it up just for that, even though I fly in the VC, I would like the option of having more realistic panels

>I guess I'm the lone dissenting voice here, but I still like>the old 310. Sure, the VC is not functional, but all the>systems work well and it can be a real challenge to learn how>to use them properly. If it's on sale I say go for it. There>are a few well written tutorials to get you over the hump. I>usually just use the Fedex version as they are still widely>used in the freighter variant. It also comes with a fairly>good load manager.I agree with you 100%After all these years, they finally got the package to an acceptable level IMO.And,...what A310 system alternative is there avalable today? Well...none so far. ;-)

Staffan[/font size]

http://www.scandicair.com/images/fs9_pilots_club.gifDell Dimension 4600 P4/2.8 at 3.0 Ghz, 1024 Mb DDR333 Dual channel memory (2x256,1x512)AGP 256 Mb ATI Radeon X850 Pro ViVo flashed to a X850 XT PE, Omega 2.6.87 (CAT 5.12)DirectX 9.0c, W XP Home with SP2, E171FPb Flat panel monitor 17"370Gb HD (120 GB Maxtor, 250GB Samsung) 7200rpm ATA, Lacie 250Gb Extern HDBlogg: http://blogg.passagen.se/primeaviFiles: http://library.avsim.net/search.php?CatID=...&Go=Change+View

Staffan

Hi,I too really enjoy the SSW offering.It has many faults.. yes... but the systems are really well done. No short cuts here. I learned a lot from this bird as there was no way around things.. you have to do them correctly.If its on sale, and you are willing to live with the defects and fiddle a bit to merge it.. I say go for it.Cheers,Paul