Sign in to follow this  
Trans_27 Pilot Chase

LDS FMC help?

Hi Guys, I took a long break from FS and came back after a few months. Anyways, a few days ago, I was trying to fly the LDS from IAH to BOS.After setting up my FMC, I entered my dept. and arrivals and then went to do my route.The first few legs were... IAH-LCH-J590-MGMLCH was allready entered as the dept, so I tryed to enter J590 into the route page. I return, I was given an "J590 not in database" error.Anyways, how do I enter airways into the FMC? I asked this at the S forum and a fairly rude moderator answered my question, which seemed word for word from the manual, then told me to RTM. IMHO, it was fairly rude customer service, so still having the same issue, what is it that I could be doing wrong?Thanks all! :-wave

Guest Ken_Verga

ok put in MGM then go to rte key and then in the via side put in MGM on the same where it is on the right.heres a pic sorry was in a rush adm just jumped on fs real quick4uaglmd.jpgKenneth

Guest jgreth123

Now, before you go slandering Daryl, can you show me where he was rude? by Trans27Hi Guys!Havent posted here in ages. I took a long break from FS, but now Im back.I was about to do a flight in the LDS and was setting up my FMC and went to enter my route. I set my dept. and arrival and selected my dept runway. Went to fill in the discontinuity and tried to enter the airways but it didnt work.Question is, is there a way to enter the airways? Or do I have to enter each waypoint individually?Thanks in advance!by DShuttAirways are entered in the left column of the RTE page.by Trans27ok. my route wasKIAH-LCG-J590-MGM- then on to Boston.LCH was my departure. Then I entered J590 in the dicontinuity on the left and when I tryed to insert it from the scratchpad, it said "J590 not in database"Im using the 0704 Airac. Everythibng is up to date.by DShuttPlease refer to the manual.From the RTE1 page (1/1) with KIAH and KBOS, press NEXT PAGEEnter LCH at the LSK 1R positionEnter J590 at the LSK 2L positionEnter MGM at the LSK 2R positionSee the tutorials: http://www.leveldsim.com/forums/forum_post...p?TID=5614&PN=1by DShuttThere are several reasons why you may be getting the error message, Chase.Provided you are entering the data correctly, then perhaps...1. Most likely, the navdata may be out of date for the route, resulting in a mismatch, which returns the error.2. The routing may be incorrect. J590 may not connect to the waypoints.

Is there any reason why you are bringing this from another forum? I responded to Jeff by PM, whether he read it or not I dont know, and I apologized and told him that I misjudged the tone and that was where the wires were crossed on my end. I got a little off when I was told to read the manual, which I had been doing with little success. That's when I went to the forum. After that, I spoke with Daryl by private messaging him and discussing the issue that way. Yes, I did post here and mention "a rude moderator" but not once did I mention his name. In return, he posted a response on the LDS forum letting everyone aware of the conflict. Personally, I would of continued to discuss it with him privately. But instead, he brought it out in public. You, have done the same here by letting everyone aware of who I was talking about. Not once did I mention him on this forum. If you have an issue with whats going on, feel free to discuss it with me by PMing me or contacting me via email. Never once on this forum did I mention his name, so I have no clue why you would decide to go on and do that.Like I said though, I misjudged the tone of the letter. I sent him a PM admitting that to him and apologizing, and as I said before, whether he read it or not I don't know. I hope this conflict doesnt continue here, and if it does, hopefully a mod with lock this thread or just delete it.

Guest jgreth123

Well I'm glad you two sorted it out privately.Why did I post his name? Because he's done so much for the LDS community and doesn't deserve it. Anyways, I'll see if I can edit my existing post since it's been resolved.

Sorry for the confusion Jeff. I'm not one to go out to start trouble, but it seems I've been doing exactly that for the past day or so.Me and my family had to put down our family pet this weekend due to congestive hear failure, so I've been a little stressed by that. I'm not throwing a pitty party or looking for pitty, but it's just been a little stressful the past few days. I think that explains the different attitude I've had lately. Take care bro! :)

Jeff, just thought of something about the FMC.Do I enter my departure, then my route, then followed by the arrival? Or The Departure the arrival and fill in the discontinuity? Or does it not matter?

I set the DEP/ARR then do the route, figure what RW I am taking off from and what one I will most likely be landing at (although it almost always changes :( )Clean up the disco's and fill in the PF INT then exe......

Ok. And to clarify this: To enter my route, after my departure, I would enter my first waypoint, then on the same line but on the left, I would enter the jetway?

Guest daniel.alm

>Ok. And to clarify this:> To enter my route, after my departure, I would enter my first>waypoint, then on the same line but on the left, I would enter>the jetway? Imagine it the following way, the left row is always to show how you fly to a waypoint, i.e. "direct" or via an airway. So if you chose the airway XYZ123 on the left row, you need to define on the right row until which waypoint you're going to stay on it.