Sign in to follow this  
Guest A32X

TrackIR - Head Movement Lag

Guest A32X

Hi,I'm using FS9 with TrackIR, after 10mins or so I get really bad head movement lag which is very nauseous! I've read it might be an FSUIPC conflict? Anyone else experienced this problem? (I'm using the active profile 'Flight.')Thanks

Try and use another profile. There's one on the Naturalpoint website called "Optimised Flight". I use that one and it's great but everyone is different with TrackIR.

Regards,

Max    

(YSSY)

i7-12700K | Corsair PC4-28700 DDR4 32Gb | Gigabyte RTX4090 24Gb | Gigabyte Z690 AORUS ELITE DDR4 | Corsair HX1200 PSU

Guest NaturalPoint_Vince

Are you plugging in directly to the system, or are you using a hub?Have you tried isolating the device on the USB ports?Have you tried turn off any kind of power save feature for your USB ports?In the "Device Manager" you can right click the "USB Hub"(s), that show, and then select properties. On the power management tab, uncheck the box that allows the computer to turn off the USB port to save power (i.e. uncheck the box). Sometimes that has an impact on the connectivity of the devices.Running any anti-virus/firewall software?In the TrackIR software, under the options menu, disable the option for periodic news check.

Guest A32X

Sorry, fyi, i'm not using a USB hub. I'll try disabling the option for periodic news checks.Thanks,

Hey Vince,I think I'm going to bite the IR bullet and grab one of your gizmos very soon. Two questions if I may. What's the FPS hit? (I've heard it's zero, but is it really?)Where's the best price for Canadian purchase? I have one site at (about) $215Cdn. + Taxes + $15 postage. A while back someone linked to a place in Canada that was in the $175 range but I can't find it anymore.Thanks.

Guest NaturalPoint_Vince

>Hey Vince,>>I think I'm going to bite the IR bullet and grab one of your>gizmos very soon. >>Two questions if I may. >>What's the FPS hit? (I've heard it's zero, but is it really?)>>Where's the best price for Canadian purchase? I have one site>at (about) $215Cdn. + Taxes + $15 postage. A while back>someone linked to a place in Canada that was in the $175 range>but I can't find it anymore.>>Thanks.1 - I've never had it effects FPS - We are always trying to get the least amount of system resources being used. Generally, it will run at about 0-2 % of system resources (may spike around 4%)2 - Best place to buy in Canada, is from our Candian retailer....http://www.extremegamingdevices.com/flight...ackir4_pro.html

Thanks for that, Vince, but that's the expensive place. I'm going to keep looking for the Canadian store had it for thiry or forty dollars less.I'm not a cheapskate, just a working class boob. @-@

Actually, while it does not directly 'effect' frame rates, I have found FS seems to be much smoother using TrackIR.

Guest pclark36

The only thing that I've seen that affects FPS is the actual VC's of the aircraft. Something you would have not realized unless you were using VC prior to TrackIR(I know I didn't) but it's very manageable depending on the aircraft. TrackIR has totally revolutionized FS2004 for me. er..that and a new video card :(