Sign in to follow this  
Guest Brix

Camera software?

Guest Brix

HiIf i would like to record some video where it looks like i have mounted a camera on the wing or elsewhere external on the plane, what software do i need?I have activecamera but i can only get external shots where the camera is static to the world and not static to the plane, if you know what i mean :-)

I believe there is a program called Walk And Follow. To my understanding, you can change up the view points. To what extent, idk. But I believe you could set the camera anywhere you want, even on the wingtip. But dont hold me to it. As for the video recording, google FRAPS. There is a demo where you can record a 30 second clip, but if you want the full version with no limitations, you need to purchase it. Hope this information helps out some. :)Take care! :-wave

Guest Brix

Hi and thanks for your answer, i tried W&F but it did not have what i needed, but in my search i found the most amazing and FREE software for setting up the coolest camera angels, its called "FS Recorder Module".You can record your flight and play it back with super smooth results, you can even play your recorded flight as "traffic", this means you can fly formation with yourself!!!! AND record once again your formation flight with yourself, its so awesome!!!And as i said, extreme nice cameracontrol.You can see my first ever FS-video created with this software and fraps here: http://www.simtube.com/view_video.php?view...4b08ed031e1f0ed The software is here: http://www.fs-recorder.net/

My god, it's not even halfway through and I just had to say this is an amazing video! What scenery? What clouds?This is just awsome! What song is that? Great choice! If this is your first ever video, dont stop there! It's awsome! Lovin' it!Edit: FlightScenery Portland.. nvm. the river answered that for me. :)When can I expect your next video?

Guys, Brix's video is a "must-watch"!For his first video, it's awsome! The quality is really good, the camera views are awsome and perfect! And most of all, I love the song. :)Props go out to Brix for his accomplishment!

On most of the videos that I attempt to watch, I get long pauses for 'buffering'. Yet on some others they are very fluid without any pauses at all.Why is that? It makes it unbearably long to try and watch a 4-5 min. video with pauses every 5- 10 seconds that seem to last forever, so I become discouraged and just close it out. I mean I just don't want to take a half hour to watch a 5 min. video with all those breaks no matter how great it is.Any suggestions?I've seen smooth "Fraps" videos and ones that take forever due to buffering. I would appreciate some ideas.Thanks,Jim

Guest Paul Heaney

Brix,Great job on the video.

Guest Brix

Hi and thanks very much for the kind words :-)The music is Audioslave - Be yourself.For my next video i would like to try some fast fighterjet action, maybe in formation :-), if i can pull it off.Take care.

Thanks for the suggestion and it did help except that about halfway through there was constant stuttering through to the end. I did allow it to load before running it, so I still don't know why some are smooth all the way through and others aren't.Jim