Sign in to follow this  
Guest glt106

Airbus in FS

Guest glt106

Hi Folks here some of my thoughts concerning the quality of Airbus Add-Ons for our Fs!Well actually i'm personally somehow disappointed! When Pss brought its A320 it was pretty good for its time and good enough in system deph for the simmer because it was the first serious Airbus Addon. But do i have to fly a outdated product designed for fs2002 in times when Pm** and Lev****** brought out real masterpieces of boeing aircraft?Hm...what do i want, I want an Airbus flyable from the VC, modelled fly by wire, a functional fmc, no silly and unnecessary bugs, a system deph like the PM**737!And did anyone brought a product like this?Sorry but i have to say NO!Pss: VC in FS9 not usable, pretty old designed for Fs2002Wilco A320 Pic: still the most complete simulation concerning system deph but(!) BUGGY, without editing the aircraft no chance of enjoying it!PSS A330/340: Who likes a VC with black instruments during night? Flat knobs not moving? Forget it... not designed to have fun!Apollo Airbus: Overhead was just a bitmap not a single function....no more words needed! CLS Airbus Series: Nice design but made for beginners not for an expert and serious airbus simmer!Wilco Airbus Series 1: I really hoped to get the product I've been waiting for! Nope! Cannot reduce altitude in VC, TOD doesnt change after editing alt-restrictions and so on and so on....You see over the years there was no a single developement team which gave us an airbus you can compare with the Quality of PM** or Lev******...CAN SOMEBODY TELL ME WHY IT SEEMS IMPOSSIBLE TO PRODUCE A USABLE SERIOUS AIRBUS PRODUCT LIKE A 747/737/767/757/777/...????????Sorry but had to say this now, because slowly i'm frustrated of all these buggy unusuable or unfinished releases of "stunning" Airbus Add-ons![:(!][:(!]Greets Patrick

Guest airbus2

I didnt know that Avsim edited out expletives such as PMDG and LevelD??The quality of Airbus addons has been low. However i think that there is an A320 simulator around the corner called airliner XP, it looks to have the same stunning look as the PMDG etc products.Also, PMDG has announced an Airbus project although this could be some time in the future:-( Patience is a virtue!Dave

>Patience is a virtue!>>DaveWell said Dave! If the AirlinerXP A320 keeps it promises, the hard time waiting for a quality Airbus addon will be over :).Meanwhile I would spend my time with other addons or hobbies Patrick ;).Cheers,Christian

Guest Ken_Verga

Where there done with the 320 I think their making a 340/330.

>Wilco Airbus Series 1: I really hoped to get the product I've>been waiting for! Nope! Cannot reduce altitude in VC, TOD>doesnt change after editing alt-restrictions and so on and so>on....It's (the Wilco Airbus Delux) my first airbus since the PSS A320 for FS2002 and I'm not that nuts about.I thought I just loved Boeings and got so use to them.Maybe were just not Airbus fans?The flying is like night and day to me between a Boeing (PMDG/LVD or even FT 737 for that matter) and an Airbus. Or is it just that no one has made a good enough Airbus?Again, maybe were just not Airbus fans?

>Again, maybe were just not Airbus fans?I do not think this is the case.....we simply have not had a really good Airbus sim.Apart from the fact that I think variety is the spice of life (I love to test my skillz on more than one type of aircraft)I think a really good sim of any aircraft will soon have keen simmers trying her out.I never knew I loved TU-154's until Project Tupolev came out with theirs ...now she is one of my all time favourites simply because it is such a good simulation.Maddog fans have had a big boost ...Airbusses time is coming soon ....but where is that MD-11 :-hmmm

Good point Ed.I do love the Coolsky MD-80 to death.I too cannot wait for the MD-11, time to pull out my Martinair DVD :D

PMDG is never going to release that thing. Or at least not until after SP1 is released so they can surprise everyone with the news that it will be FSX only. Anyone wanna bet on that?

It is not for lack of a market, it's just that Airbus simplicity at the front end comes at the cost of tremendous complexity at the back end. In terms of failures don't even mention that beast called ECAM. High end developers are only now really ready and able to truly represent the modern Airbus variants in fs.AXP in the nearer term and PMDG much later are the ones to watch. Airsimmer too I guess, but they are dead silent so who knows what they're up to.Ironically, there is still no really polished, complete 737 classic nor 757 either (Wilco/FT and PSS don't qualify imho) Flying the LDS763 I just really want a 734/5 and 757 in THAT class.regards,Markhttp://www.dreamfleet2000.com/a320/custbanner2.jpgPC Power Silencer 470/3.2HT/2048mb/ATI X1950pro/SB Audigy

Regards,

Mark

That would suck as i am staying with FS9 until FS11 is out.

Eric 

I think that when PMDG made the announcement of the airbus early last year there was a great deal of excitement. If PMDG continue with their well earned reputation then you know you are getting a great aircraft.However with the airlineXP airbus in development I think PMDG are going to have some competition. Without airlineXP I wouldnt even look elsewhere other than PMDG for an airbus.Heres hoping that both aircraft live up to the hype !Graham

The PMDG has a good chance of being better than AXP's though...if it takes them as long to do the Airbus as it is for the MD-11, we'll have a nice Airbus right when FS11 rolls out.

Guest jgreth123

>The PMDG has a good chance of being better than AXP's>though...if it takes them as long to do the Airbus as it is>for the MD-11, we'll have a nice Airbus right when FS11 rolls>out. Well... call me biased ( and having inside knowledge ) but PMDG won't be able to top it. Just under it maybe though. :(

Patrick I think with respect you should read the manual again or look into why it don't work because some of the problems you describe works fine here ;-)I only fly from the VC.At this point for the A320 there is only one bus for me AXP :-)Using the FT for the babybus which is the most detailed also system wise ever made for FS and FSX for that matter...Also the model is far better as a certain other one ;-) As for bugs all here mentioned had several service packs on release...I think the level of programming and testing in general can be approved a lot (concept and performance FPS) that's the weak point around the virtual block...Not every one is good pilot, but that goes also for the programmer or beta testers...Have fun guys,Andr

André