Sign in to follow this  
Trans_27 Pilot Chase

This one really irks me...

Ok, maybe you guys can shed some advice.Do you guys ever have this issue where you want to fly, but you don't know where you want to depart or where your going to? Or what you'll fly... And then you want to fly into the airports where you have addon scenery and you only want to fly the addon planes such as the PMDG or LDS? And then add in the weather... You cant decide what weather you want to fly in? Storms for a tricky approach and for some awsome screenshots, or clear skies for an easy, laid back experience?I'm having that issue now. I want to fly out of IAH as a continental jet, but I don't know where?Anyone have this issue?? Its almost as if there are too many possibilities. Any idea's on where I should head to, other than the doctor?Oh flight simulator.. So many options, so little time... :-roll

Chase, take a deep breath... :)My choices are easy. I either try to emulate a real life flight that I am about to take, or one that I have done in the past. Here are some suggestions from my travels this year alone (more can be provided upon request... :) )Washington Dulles to Frankfurt - UAL 777Frankfurt to Cairo - Airbus 3xxCairo to Muscat, Oman - Airbus 319Muscat to Abu Dhabi- B737Abu Dhabi to London Heathrow - Airbus something or otherWashington Dulles to NOLA, then to LAX, then to SFO, then to Seoul, Korea (really!!!)Seoul to BusanSeoul to Tokyo HaniedaHanieda to NagasakiTokyo Narita to Dulles (a 777ER no less)Anyway, there are lots of imaginative things you can do. Just follow my real world schedule and I am sure you will take up NASCAR racing as an alternative hobby after a while. :-lol

Guest jgreth123

Holy crap Tom. Those are some LONG flights. ;)

Yeah, tell me about it.. :)We are what, 17 weeks into the year, and I have been gone 9, and my UAL miles alone are over 60,000 (not counting Etiad, Eygpt Air, JAL and some others, I am sure). :)

I was about to mention your flyer miles in my response. I couldnt figure out how to word it. But let me say this.. Im sure the airlines hate you. You could fly around the world several times with all your air miles. They thought the "frequent flyer" problem would be good for business... Then they met "Tom Allensworth." :-outta

It is really simple... My idea of a vacation is to NOT to get on an airplane or within 20 miles of an airport. Being a couch potatoe is what I aspire to during vacations. :)

Guest airbus2

Well, you could ask Tom for more flights, a good idea infact, i wish i could be a well traveled as you Tom!! (I'll be choosing my Lottery numbers carefully this week!)I useually go to airsource, which is like a virtual airline but with many airlines, if that makes sense. http://www.air-source.us/Default.aspAlso go on flight aware ( www.flightaware.com ) and choose a real world flight to fly. Vatsim and look at flight plans on there.Many sources!!!Dave

Most people would call that odd... Ever think of buying the wrong ticket by accident and heading to a beach? "Why arent you in china?""Sorry boss, I guess I bought the wrong ticket and didn't realize it until I heard the flight attendant say 'Welcome to Cozumel'."

Guest Bilko

I also play MVP Baseball, so I emulate flying the team to their next city.

All the major airlines make their timetables available on the web as downloadable pdf files. They include destinations and plane type as well as scheduled departure and arrival times. Decide how long you want to fly and where your departure is and pick a destination that fits...DJ

I'm the same way. The main problem is I don't like long flights. Spending 3 or more hours at cruise level is boring and easy. I like the takeoff and landing. I use Flightaware too, but a lot the flights are pretty far. The other issue is with the airports and scenery. If the scenery is plain, then it's like a wasted trip.I probably need to fly outside the U.S. more, but without charts and real routes I feel odd doing it.

- Chris

Gigabyte Z790 Aorus Elite AX | Intel Core i9 13900KF | Gigabyte GeForce RTX 4090 24 GB | 64GB DDR5 SDRAM | Corsair H100i Elite 240mm Liquid Cooling | 1TB & 2TB Samsung Gen 4 SSD  | 1000 Watt Gold PSU |  Windows 11 Pro | Thrustmaster Boeing Yoke | Thrustmaster TCA Captain X Airbus | Asus ROG 38" 4k IPS Monitor (PG38UQ)

Asus Maximus VII Hero motherboard | Intel i7 4790k CPU | MSI GTX 970 4 GB video card | Corsair DDR3 2133 32GB SDRAM | Corsair H50 water cooler | Samsung 850 EVO 250GB SSD (2) | EVGA 1000 watt PSU - Retired