Sign in to follow this  
smike33

Buildings disappearing...

I just noticed in my FS9 that all the buildings and textures at certain airports are suddenly missing? I've seen it so far at MDW, SXM (both flytampa), and ORD (default). Also, I've noticed my autogen is greatly reduced all of a sudden despite having it set to max. Most recent thing I did was install Ultimate Terrain USA but I have it layered lower than all addon scenery (higher than default scenery). See screenshots to see what I mean...MDWhttp://forums.avsim.net/user_files/171513.jpgORDhttp://forums.avsim.net/user_files/171514.jpgSXMhttp://forums.avsim.net/user_files/171515.jpgCan anyone help??

Check your autogen folder inside of FS9. Makesure autogen.xml is there. I was having that issue a while back. I finally did a fresh install of FS. Problem solved and it saved me all the frustration. Maybe rebuilding a few cfg's?

Thanks for replying bro!I checked in my autogen folder, and there is just one file in there, called default.xml. I guess that's what you meant by autogen.xml?The autogen still works anyway, it just seems like there's less structures. Could have something to do with UT??The main issue is the loss of buildings at certain airports.Not sure how to rebuild cfg's. You mean like scenery.cfg? I did delete my fs9.cfg to force FS9 to create a new one, but this had no effect on my problem...

I think your problem is Ultimate Terrain. If you have residential roads turned on, FS9 will not be able to place any autogen objects where these (numerous) roads are placed. Likewise, if you have enhanced lighting turned on, autogen objects cannot be placed where these lights are placed, even during the day when you cannot see the lights themselves. If you read the UT manual, they do raise this problem and therefore recommend that you leave residential roads off and only opt for Enhanced Lights (Except for Residential). This is the best compromise unless you know that you are going to be doing most of your flying at night. I hope this helps. Oscar