Sign in to follow this  
Britannia757

Aerosoft AES???

In the preview for the new Aerosoft scenery there is a picture at the gate with AES enabled. I notice that it has a catering truck and rear stairs??? Is this a new feature of the AES product and if it is will all the airports be like this??Steve

Guest johnegg

Hi Steve, I dont now the answer to your question but I had a bad experience with AES. Once installed If I minimised the screen to start RC4 for example when I restored to full screen it would flash and FS9 would freeze and be unusable !I imagine this was a graphic card or driver issue but I had to uninstall it and have not bothered to put it on my new pc, (see signature). Its a shame as it looks a really good program.Has anyone else experienced this ?Regards JohnCore2 Duo 66002048 MB DDR160GB HDDNVidia 7950 512mbSaitek Flight SystemHead TrackerRC4AShttp://fs2crew.com/linepilot.jpg

Yes, I have this problem too. However it is related only to having the AES Help opened (e.g. for setting aircraft parametres).When I just use EAS features at airports (then there's no need to open up the AES help window) there are no problems and nobody should have them, I guess.AES is an excellent addon. One of the best FS ideas ever.If you only care about piloting techniques or communication (VATSIM) realism it may not be for you and save your money.However, if you also appreciate ground operations realism with followme, docking, pushback, catering, marshalling, sounds and even snow/rain on the runway, it is incredible!It makes the featured airports alive.All details may be found here:http://www.aerosoft.com/cgi-local/re/ibosh...i?showd,,D10333And no, Steve, not all airports are featured.But there are quite many now (and many more to be added), e.g:- Paris Charled de Gaulle (SimWings)- Frankfurt Main (Aerosoft)- Munich Josef Strauss (Aerosoft)- Dusseldorf Rhein Ruhr (Aerosoft)- Vienna Schwechat (FlyTampa)- Budapest 2007- Innsbruck Kranebitten (Aerosoft)- Madeira (Aerosoft)- Palma de Mallorca (SimWings)- Barcelona, Alicante, Malaga (SimWings)- Seattle Tacoma (FlyTampa)- Boston Logan (FlyTampa)- San Francisco (FlyTampa)- St Maarten (FlyTampa)and many others.Buying credit packs (I have several now) you can choose whatever listed airports you like. At the moment there are 60 of them.And you can try it for free, that's quite fair.Just download the latest version (1.60), install it, install the excellent freeware KBOS by George Grimshaw (it you don't have it yet), apply the airport (or any other of the 14 freeware ones) and a choosen aircraft model parametres and try it yourself ;)To try all features, choose a rainy (or snowy) weather and park your (previously set up) aircraft at a nice gate plus set your parking brakes and shut down the engines. Activate the features (with Crtl+Shift+W) and choose all additional service. After some time of boarding (spent on admiring AES) activate departure. Follow all the animated marhallers' spoken advice. Taxi to your active and take off. Make a short flight around the area and return to the same airport. Land and call the followme car. Then follow it to the chosen gate (yes, YOU choose the gate!) and activate boarding again. Tones of fun and thrill....Best regards,Rafal

>In the preview for the new Aerosoft scenery there is a>picture at the gate with AES enabled. I notice that it has a>catering truck and rear stairs??? Is this a new feature of the>AES product and if it is will all the airports be like this??>>SteveYes, and yes as long as the airport is AES enhanced.Just download it and try it out. You can test it on any airport included in the list.

>In the preview for the new Aerosoft scenery there is a>picture at the gate with AES enabled. I notice that it has a>catering truck and rear stairs??? Is this a new feature of the>AES product and if it is will all the airports be like this??>>SteveThe best utility program in years for FS9 :-)Andr

André

Guest neslesman

The hard part for me is deciding what to spend my limited credits on. Today's "in" airport for me could be tommorrow's memories so I think long and hard before I push that "OK" button. I finally bit the bullet yesterday and enabled KSEA which really should have been one of my first choices as I use it so much, partly because of the FS9 default thing but mostly because of FlyTampa KSEA, all the great NW VFR flying and now AES.

Thanks for the replies. I purchased AES quite some time ago but the reason behind the post was that in my product i don't have rear stairs or catering trucks servicing my aircraft. Is this a new upgrade and if so how do i get it?Thanks AgainSteve

I LOVE this new AES !!!! I was always disappointed that FS2004 never had a towing tug and now with AES it has everything. Does anyone that has it know if there is an adjustment for any particular aircraft to have the towing tow stop and hookup in the correct postion ? On the B-25 I tried it went "in" way too far". Has anyone tried to see if the back stairs will go to the correct postion on a Super Connie aircraft? jerrycwo4

Hey Jerry,Everything you want to do is in the AESHelp application. Launch FS, minimize to windowed mode if you use Full screen, Load the A/C you want to edit , load AESHelp and it is really self explanatory and easy.Agreed, this is one of the best things to happen to FS in ages...-PaulPrimary RigLiquid CooledIntel C2D E6600 @3.2 gigsAsus P5N32SLI-Plus2 gigs Corsair XMS PC6400 4 4 4 12 @810Dual OC'd XFX 8800GTX @ 2 gigs24 inch Widescreen LCD 16XAA/16XAFDual 19 inch LCD'sRaid-0+1PCPower and Cooling 1k Quad SLIhttp://home.comcast.net/~psolk/3monitorsa.htmlBackup RigAMD 4000 San Diego @ 2.72 Gigs Kingston Corsair XMS CL2XFX 7900 GTX Raid-0psolk.jpg

Have a Wonderful Day

-Paul Solk

Boeing777_Banner_BetaTeam.jpg

>I LOVE this new AES !!!! I was always disappointed that>FS2004 never had a towing tug and now with AES it has>everything. Does anyone that has it know if there is an>adjustment for any particular aircraft to have the towing tow>stop and hookup in the correct postion ? On the B-25 I tried>it went "in" way too far". Has anyone tried to see if the back>stairs will go to the correct postion on a Super Connie>aircraft? jerrycwo4I really wonder why some people prefer asking these kinds of questions in a forum instead of just reading the manual.I can't see how anyone who has done that would feel the need to have the setup explained to him.

Very useful thread by the way. I did not buy AES, but on reading this thread I've finally decided to get it. Thanks to all except the previous poster. Forum is the place where people can ask questions and talk about their hobby in a friendly way.Dirk.

You can thank who ever you want of course but I still think he

Regards,

Hugo Bravo

LPPT

V1.60 Is amazing!!!! just wish the Level-d had more opening doors to take advantage of it. Nevermind though you can't have everything you want!Steve