Sign in to follow this  
Splash_One

FS2004: When is the next update?

Guest sfgiants

Any new news for the month of March?Tim

It's maybe summer in Australia and New Zealand.

I think he means the next release of information about the new version, lads.I wouldn't expect anything for another month or so, the teasers are out, next it'll be Beta shots and some guarded `leaks` to the sim community, and a few key functions and featres being shown. Maybe another page or two of screenies, and a video to whet our appetite and keep us on the boil. There isn't going to be a `WOW!` factor with this release, I rather think, so we'll be looking at the detail, and they wont want to show us the detail until it's detailed enough.ChasW

Suspect your thoughts will play out exactly as you cite. If a video is part of the next teaser, and the weather engine is far enough along, it'd be nice to see a video highlighting the weather. Oddly, I am not as excited about this release as 2k2, simply because 2k2 has proven so outstanding in so many different areas. But FS2006, or "102 years of flight", or whatever they call it--that'll be something to look forward to when you consider how desktop technology will evolve in the next few years.-John

I want to see a screen shot of the new weather system were we can be sitting on the ground at an airport, look out the cockpit window and see volume-metric type clouds and not flat ones.

Eric 

Go download the preview videos from flightsim.com if you haven't already....You can see good examples of weather in each of them, though I think the Ford Trimotor video demonstrates weather the best, flying it in dark clouds, snow, and apparently turbulent winds.

StoneC0ld_zps439869f4.png

Declared weather:  FSX: ASN / FS9: ASE

I think the video of the Jenny flying through the open barn to be the best, because if you watch closely, you will notice the chickens flying out of the way just as the Jenny exits the barn.Bear!

Guest AAF

Bear where did you find this video? Or are you just teasing with us ;)

I agree, I think new shots of the weather system and new clouds are on the top of the list!

No, I'm not kidding! You can download all of the videos that Microsoft has released for their soon to be released "Century of Flight", but for the Jenny video go here: http://library.avsim.com/esearch.php?DLID=...hor=&CatID=RootBear!To see all of the available videos, use the quick search (AVSIM Library) with the keyword "video" then arrange the results by date and it will list all available videos for Flight Simulator "Century of Flight" that have been released so far.

Guest cw1011

I hope they include a frame-rate counter in any movies. The clouds in FS2002 bring my system to its knees.P4 1.9Ti4200724 megs of RAM

Hi, "The clouds in FS2002 bring my system to its knees."It's normal, like the scenery and AI Traffic etc. You can download the fsw alternative clouds pack, they have better frame rate than the default fs2k2 one.Remember the poor frame rate when FUIII released, NOT flyable until couple of month and upgrading the system.As for the Update, Normaly there is the Microsoft Fanstock show their new Software in March.ThanksChris Willis[link:fsw.simflight.com/FSWMenuFsSim.html]Clouds And Addons For MsFs

Kind Regards
Chris Willis